Solved: MP560 Driver Problem

vallejoboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok So I bought a used MP560 and so far its working. However I can't seem to get it to print wirelessly. It keeps on telling me to that it cannot be detected on the network and I have to go throught the printer network setup. Seems simple enough but the driver on the Canon site doesn't seem to include the network utility. I think I need the cd.

vallejoboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm past that part. I have two networks and this printer is going on my guest network which is not even password protected at the moment, so the set up is pretty simple, or in Canon term "Easy Setting." The problem looks like it has something to do with the ports (Under Printer Printer Properties the port listed is only USB rather than some thing like CNBJNP_###...) When I set my MX860 I was given two drivers which can be downloaded from the Canon website, one regular and one for network (the network driver it set up a port with the name CNBJNP_###...), but for my MP560 I'm only given one choice, that is just the regular driver. Am I missing something?

vallejoboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Solution: As it turned out the printer does not like it if you are connected to an unsecured access point. When I connected to a secured connection I was able to set up the printer.

meyhus2

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The model number Canon Pixma MP560.

Method 1:
You may refer to the below links and use the troubleshooters. Check if it lists and helps resolve any issues: Open the Printer troubleshooter:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support

Method 2:
You may check if you have the latest drivers installed for the device. You may refer to the below link for getting the latest drivers and check
Canon Pixma MP560 Driver

Good Luck.