[Solved] Canon G1411 - Vertical Lines After Paper Jam

supatasi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G1411
Hello,

I am having problem on printing with my Pixma G1411. There is this vertical line on every print. I believe this happened after a paper jam. Both color and b&w have this one line. Place of the line is different on b&w and color print. So I'm guessing that I have a problem on the same spot of the rail maybe? Any idea? Thank you.

Attachments

• photo_2019-12-29_14-38-02.jpg
    photo_2019-12-29_14-38-02.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 565
  • photo_2019-12-29_14-38-07.jpg
    photo_2019-12-29_14-38-07.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 512
  • photo_2019-12-29_14-38-11.jpg
    photo_2019-12-29_14-38-11.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 501
  • photo_2019-12-29_14-38-14.jpg
    photo_2019-12-29_14-38-14.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 552

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The vertical line has an unusual pattern in that it may or may not extend down the entire length of the page AND may or may not be comprised of parallel paired or couplets of pizza cutter or sprocket-like short lines like a vertically oriented "=" equal sign. Take a look at this thread:

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...ntout-every-10-15mm-or-so-canon-mg5765.10509/
Additionally, there seems to be equally spaced horizontal through most of the swaths of colors. I do not see them readily in the Red and Yellow swaths. Are these horizontal lines supposed to be there?

• What ink are you using?
  • What paper are you using?
  • What printer settings are you using?
  • Can you describe the paper jam more, such as where the jam occurred and how you cleared it?
  • Any recent error messages or problems besides the paper jam?
Please print, scan, crop and post a nozzle check.

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Maybe the paper jam caused staining of the timing strip with ink or lubrication. This could cause white or light vertical stripes. See this thread.

supatasi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G1411
Ink that I'm using is Canon original inks. The paper that stuck was a cheap paper and it wasn't trimmed properly so the second paper was attached to the printing one and it got stuck inside and folded inside just where the printing was happening. Removing the paper was a little bit hard. So maybe it causes a damage there.

Printing settings was set the black and white basic printing for documents.

I don't have any other issues. It still prints what I need but this lines are so annoying.
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg

These are the scans.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

The vertical line has an unusual pattern in that it may or may not extend down the entire length of the page AND may or may not be comprised of parallel paired or couplets of pizza cutter or sprocket-like short lines like a vertically oriented "=" equal sign. Take a look at this thread:

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...ntout-every-10-15mm-or-so-canon-mg5765.10509/
Additionally, there seems to be equally spaced horizontal through most of the swaths of colors. I do not see them readily in the Red and Yellow swaths. Are these horizontal lines supposed to be there?

• What ink are you using?
  • What paper are you using?
  • What printer settings are you using?
  • Can you describe the paper jam more, such as where the jam occurred and how you cleared it?
  • Any recent error messages or problems besides the paper jam?
Please print, scan, crop and post a nozzle check.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
That looks very much like the rubber feeder wheel, try giving this wheel a good clean with window cleaner (W5) or alcohol and then do another print..
Untitled-1.jpg

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I would also like to see a cropped scan of a standard nozzle check. My prime suspect is still a dirty timing strip, so I think the nozzle check will be similar to image no 4 in this post.

I don't know the Canon ink tank printers, but they are based on the two cartridge printers with combined sponge/print head cartridges. So maybe the timing strip can be cleaned in the same way as shown in this post?

supatasi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G1411
I would also like to see a cropped scan of a standard nozzle check. My prime suspect is still a dirty timing strip, so I think the nozzle check will be similar to image no 4 in this post.

I don't know the Canon ink tank printers, but they are based on the two cartridge printers with combined sponge/print head cartridges. So maybe the timing strip can be cleaned in the same way as shown in this post?
Yes this solution is worked. I just cleaned the strip with toilet paper and there are no lines on the print anymore. Thanks so much for the help.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I just cleaned the strip with toilet paper and there are no lines on the print anymore.
Next time, when you wish to clean something, please use Kitchen paper towels instead of toilet paper, the latter tends to leave paper particles on the cleaned surface..