Software for X-rite i1 Pro

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Did you install the ICC profile or copy it to a folder?

Doesn't Windows/Photoshop need it to be installed first?

pkk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro100 Epson 3880, 9880
Okay, I'll try to figure that out. I'm also going to try to get an answer on an Adobe forum. There could be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed. Thanks!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Somehow I missed Stratman's question. I installed them.
I read somewhere that there is also another location for icc profiles on the Mac O/S, try doing a system search and that should find the icc file location..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

pkk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro100 Epson 3880, 9880
Okay, gentlemen, mystery solved. When going through the profile making process you use a couple of file names. I was confused about where I would give it the name that PS & LR would recognize. The really confusing thing is that the name I had given it, and was looking for, is actually there in Windows>System32>spool>drivers>color. But PS & LR are looking at another part of the file, and call it something else, when you go to their list of profiles. Now I have to figure out how to rename the ones I've already made. This is a bit of "Welcome to the Argyll world!" I've been chasing little things like this down rabbit holes for the past month.

Thanks again for jumping on this. I'll post a full debrief on my Argyll experience soon. Maybe I can convince someone to just pay the $1350 and get an X-rite license. Or save them some headaches if they are too stubborn,