Software for X-rite i1 Pro

Did you install the ICC profile or copy it to a folder?

Doesn't Windows/Photoshop need it to be installed first?
 
Okay, I'll try to figure that out. I'm also going to try to get an answer on an Adobe forum. There could be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed. Thanks!!
 
Somehow I missed Stratman's question. I installed them.
I read somewhere that there is also another location for icc profiles on the Mac O/S, try doing a system search and that should find the icc file location..
 
Okay, gentlemen, mystery solved. When going through the profile making process you use a couple of file names. I was confused about where I would give it the name that PS & LR would recognize. The really confusing thing is that the name I had given it, and was looking for, is actually there in Windows>System32>spool>drivers>color. But PS & LR are looking at another part of the file, and call it something else, when you go to their list of profiles. Now I have to figure out how to rename the ones I've already made. This is a bit of "Welcome to the Argyll world!" I've been chasing little things like this down rabbit holes for the past month.

Thanks again for jumping on this. I'll post a full debrief on my Argyll experience soon. Maybe I can convince someone to just pay the $1350 and get an X-rite license. Or save them some headaches if they are too stubborn,
 
Back
Top