1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: New Light Standard Design - Ongoing Update
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Soak Pro-100 Head

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by PalaDolphin, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Jul 7, 2019
    PalaDolphin

PalaDolphin Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
    I was really hoping for the best knowledge on how to soak my head. Canon Pro-100, that is.
    I have had a problem ever since I started using Precision Colors ink in that my Cyan printhead shows pretty dead on a nozzle check. I kind of want to just soak the head in distilled water and see if that fixes the problem. Is there a video that shows how to do this with the Pro-100?

2. Jul 7, 2019
    PalaDolphin

PalaDolphin Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
    Cyan is much better, but I have strips. Any suggestions? Should I just find another print head?

3. Jul 10, 2019
    John R

John R Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Pixma Pro 100
    I fixed the striping I was having using a solution of 88cc distilled water, 2cc of clear ammonia, 4cc of glycerol, and 26cc of isopropyl alcohol. I wedged a 1 in length of 1/4" tube over the ports the cartridges attach to, and rinsed the entry ports without applying any pressure to the internal plumbing of the print head. After the entry port (and whatever is immediately beyond the screen) was clear, I let the printhead sit with tubes on it with solution in them and essentially let atmospheric pressure slowly push the solution through over the course of a week. YMMV.

The Hat and PeterBJ like this.