Slight banding on glossy/luster paper only

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I corrected my settings and it still has the same banding issue on my pictures.
media4.JPGmedia3.JPG
From what I can see with this App Lightroom is making a pigs elbow of the whole print settings, I may be wrong but that’s how it looks to me..

Just click on the print button and select your paper choice from the printer driver (Not Lightroom) then select printer colour matching and print quality, and hit print and see what you get.. Bypass all the other Lightroom settings..
media.JPGmedia2.JPG
P.S. Lightroom may not be the best App to use untill you get more familar with your new printer..

Last edited:

Neotechno

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PRO-300
View attachment 14555View attachment 14554
From what I can see with this App Lightroom is making a pigs elbow of the whole print settings, I may be wrong but that’s how it looks to me..

Just click on the print button and select your paper choice from the printer driver (Not Lightroom) then select printer colour matching and print quality, and hit print and see what you get.. Bypass all the other Lightroom settings..
View attachment 14552View attachment 14553
P.S. Lightroom may not be the best App to use untill you get more familar with your new printer..

Okay, here's what I've tried since last post:

- Bypassed Lightroom and the Canon software and printed directly, no change.
- Rotated the picture to landscape to see if the banding stayed horizontal, and it did so that rules out the picture for being the problem.
- Bought a USB cable to make sure this wasn't a WiFi issue, still has banding even then.

I will now try printing from a different PC altogether, see if that changes something.

EDIT:

So I tried printing from a laptop connected by USB and directly printed without any Lightroom interference.
Same result as with my main PC, banding in the grey/black gradient areas only.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
For whatever reason the printer doesn’t like the photo paper, or the settings your using, that’s why I suggested you use the plain paper settings to see what result you’d get.

The other thing we haven’t look at is your inks, sometimes a cart doesn’t deliver enough ink for a particular print, this can be caused by a poor cart or not shaking the cart properly before use, so I’d suggest you change your grey and photo black carts for now to see if that will help..
So I tried printing from a laptop connected by USB and directly printed without any Lightroom interference.
Same result as with my main PC, banding in the grey/black gradient areas only.
Your related issue isn’t software of hardware specific.. try printing several large black and grey vertical stripes on plain paper and then one on photo paper and examine the results..

Neotechno

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PRO-300
The Canon rep I talked to is as confused as I am and doesn't understand how a perfect nozzle check can come out of my printer and have banding issue. I am supposed to receive a call from them after work to troubleshoot the settings I use.

I'll update this thread with the results.

Neotechno

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PRO-300
The Canon rep was very helpful but couldn't fix it after all.

I did solve my issue last evening on my own, I did a full reset of the printer's settings and paper settings and printed a test image with the defaults, everything was perfect without any banding.
This is the first step I should've taken, which would have saved me around 30 sheets of photo paper and a lot of ink,

I managed to isolate the specific setting that caused the issue afterward : "Prevent Paper Abrasion" was turned ON, and when it is ON there is banding on all glossy papers I tried. Keeping it OFF solves the issue.

Latest posts