Showing ink levels back to normal? (Canon iP 4500)

Thrasher

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have a Canon Pixma iP4500. I'm getting a non-OEM ink cartridge. My question is: After I hold down the Paper Feed button and disable the ink level display in my computer is there any way to enable it back? Do I just enter a new cartridge with a reset or new OEM chip and that should enable it or how does it work?

Thrasher

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Do they ship to Canada?

Ash

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG5350
Sorry I don't know I'm in the UK. email them

Thrasher

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Can aynone answer my original question?

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
I have a Canon Pixma iP4500. I'm getting a non-OEM ink cartridge. My question is: After I hold down the Paper Feed button and disable the ink level display in my computer is there any way to enable it back? Do I just enter a new cartridge with a reset or new OEM chip and that should enable it or how does it work?
On my MP530 when I put in a new OEM cartridge or a reset cartridge the ink level display returns to normal for that cartridge. Your iP4500 should be the same.

Binkie

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thrasher said:
Putting in a new OEM cartridge, a reset cartridge or a new aftermarket-chipped compatible cartridge should reset the in level monitor.