1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: What Old Ink Can Do
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Shadows printing - Anet A2

Discussion in '3D Printer Models / Reviews / Experiences' started by NGUIMAS, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Dec 4, 2018
    berttheghost

berttheghost Printing Ninja

Printer Model:
    canon pixma pro 9500, pro-1
    Sorry to disagree, but the printer firmware handles a significant workload. It has to calculate nozzle and extruder (filament) motion in real time. It also has to compute geometry (hardware) dependent motion optimizations that cannot be done by the slicer.

2. Dec 4, 2018
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    What makes for a good processor, RAM, etc in a 3D Printer? Obviously they are not Intel Core i7's.

3. Dec 5, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    @berttheghost, thank you for your informative responses, but next time can you put your reply in just 1 post and not several, it makes for better reading...;)

4. Dec 10, 2018
    RichardM

RichardM Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Anet A2
    As stated previously,the 3D printer's processor does one hell of a lot of work. It has to co-ordinate three stepper motors to deposit the melted filament at the correct spot (XYZ). It is also checking the temperature of the extruder and (usually) the bed. HOWEVER, the motherboard supplied with the printer (be it an assembly or a kit) are matched to the printer so, provided the defaults set up in the printer's setup are within those recommended by the manufacturer there should not be any problems. My printer was a kit, It certainly isn't top of the range but it prints fine (if blxxdy slowly) [ my opinion nothing to compare it with). I would hunt for simpler solutions rather than change the motherboard.

5. Dec 10, 2018
    Redbrickman

Redbrickman Printer Master

Printer Model:
    MB5150
    Problems with printing can be as simple as a bit of debris on the V of the extrusion if it occurs in the same spot each time, or movement of the hotend due to loose mounting etc. My guess is that the printer may be going a bit too fast.

This may not provide an answer to your current problem but it's a great troubleshooting reference:

https://www.simplify3d.com/support/print-quality-troubleshooting/