Shadows printing - Anet A2

NGUIMAS

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anet A2
Hi,

Attachment to this message I'm sending you two object shots.
I'm worried about the shadows of the outline.
I think the problem is related to vibrations.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,
Nuno

Attachments

• IMG_20181125_223139_463.jpg
    IMG_20181125_223139_463.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_20181125_223455_750.jpg
    IMG_20181125_223455_750.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 349

RichardM

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anet A2
I'm a complete novice so can offer very little help but noticed that you asked for help and haven't had any replies. I've just built an A2 and had to get my own bolts and T nuts because the ones supplied (bolts) in the kit would not lock up correctly (hit the back end of the extrusion ) also the T nuts were too small to secure correctly. The frame if not locked together is going to cause vibration problems (it's very light). I haven't printed much since building the thing, been too busy but what I have printed has been (as far as my limited experience goes) has been good.
Try tightening everything up if this hasn't occurred before, or is this a new toy?
Keep us informed, especially if you solve the problem... Try a different filament ?

NGUIMAS

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anet A2
Hi Richard,

I followed your advice and tigthed the bots.
I'll test soon.

Meanwhile I remembered that I gave more tension to X-axis' belt and I don't know if this could be problem?

Thanks,
Nuno

RichardM

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anet A2
Too much tension in any mechanical drive train can cause problems - if it's the x axis travel where the problem is occurring then it is certainly worth 'tweaking'. Also dont know if this site will help but they do list a series of print problems with images etc.
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/print-quality-troubleshooting/

NGUIMAS

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anet A2
Hi,

I sent the stl file to a friend with diferent printer and the result was the same.
In his opnion that is related with moviment and processor.
If I understood, it's like if I have a good processor it will change the velocity of motors to avoid shadows.
I'll continue lookup for more information and when I found it I'll share.
If you want I can send the stl file.

Thanks,

Nuno

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If I understood, it's like if I have a good processor it will change the velocity of motors to avoid shadows.
Maybe you have solved the issue yourself, try another print but this time slow down the print action by 50% and re-examine your output...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
a good processor it will change the velocity of motors to avoid shadows.
Is there a processor in the 3D printer and if so how would it make alterations to the code you feed it in your STL file? I thought you created your STL file with your PC and then transferred these instructions to the 3D printer and then the 3D printer read the instruction file and commenced printing.

If this is true, then a better CPU in your PC will only speed up creation time of the STL file. Also, do not discount the effect of a more powerful GPU in your video card when creating your STL file.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@stratman, You are right, processing power has nothing to do with a 3D printer, it’s practically brainless compared to a PC.

The Slicer does all the work and carries that instruction on an STL file for the 3D printer to read, heat speed and nozzle size is just about all the 3D printer has control of, O’ and the owner does get to pick the filament colour... :ya

berttheghost

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 9500, pro-1
My guess is that the nozzle is scraping against the part while moving between extrusions. I'd suggest imcreasing the nozzle height slightly in the slicer but thet may require additional tuning to get everything right.

berttheghost

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 9500, pro-1
I've had some experience with too-long screws with t-bolt nuts. I use 2 or so 1mm thick washers under the screw head. Avoids looking for oddball screw lengths.

If initially tightened screws wiggle loose, use Lock-tite or equivalent on them. Keep it off of plastic parts as it will ruin the finish.