Setting up PC for auto test prints ???

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Thank you, I did something similar inasmuch as the printers are shared on my home network.I set the IP5000 properties to 'photo' paper from one location and ran the autoprint to it and at my station I left the properties as plain and let the autoprint go to it.Same difference?
But don't profiles have to be selected manually?How would I direct Autoprint to a 'profile', perhaps I misunderstand what a proflie is ;)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
jackson said:
Thank you, I did something similar inasmuch as the printers are shared on my home network.I set the IP5000 properties to 'photo' paper from one location and ran the autoprint to it and at my station I left the properties as plain and let the autoprint go to it.Same difference?
But don't profiles have to be selected manually?How would I direct Autoprint to a 'profile', perhaps I misunderstand what a proflie is ;)
When I said "profile" I basically mean't that you "Add Printer" twice and choose the same port for both but set the printing preferences to different values so you can have one with photo as the default, and the other as draft, etc...

This way you appear to have two printers but in reality just have one printer with different default settings.. :)

Hope that explains a little better :p