semigloss paper for pigment ink

iladi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
wow, thanx ALOT

iladi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
also tried HP EVERYDAY PIGMENT semigloss paper with no succes. very stange for me is the fact that black ink is ok from the poitn of adhesion. why CMY don't adhere is a big mistery for me.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
HP Premium Plus will work for you since it is swellable.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
qwertydude said:
HP Premium Plus will work for you since it is swellable.
I do not think this will be a good idea for pigment ink. swellable paper is totally unfit for pigment ink. Stick with microporous or matte papers.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Pigments and swellable papers are not a good match at all.

Thus confirming pharmacist's advice.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
It's weird because when I try printing with pigment black on my HP swellable paper it doesn't rub off like it does with kirkland paper.

iladi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i am back with my mistery: how come that black ink is ok and all other (CMY) inks are not? it is true that original inks where CMY = dye and K = pigment. but can the printer shoot the droplets different on different type of ink? there is no option in any menu to specify the type of ink. and yes, mutoh sells also pigment (CMY) for this printer.

iladi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
UPDATE: i have printed a nozzel chack on lustre paper. after a while it is all OK. all colors. so: how come that printing lines is ok, and full colors is not ok?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
iladi

You could try changing the paper in the (Media Type) in paper selection to other photo paper and give that a try. Its a bit of a hit and miss using photo paper when there is a half dozen to select from in (Media Type) sometimes you may have to try the lot to match the type of paper your trying to use. Also try changing the print quality up/down to match the paper. See if that helps .. ;)

iladi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
5449_snc00052.jpg

as you can see i'm using a RIP. this is a linearisation target. i'm not using a paper, i'm "building" one.

thus the only setting remain to do on the printer its self. i can use a custom paper since photopaper is not good (and not editable except feed corection) but the menu is quite criptinc in some ways and also poor enough:

Condition: photo / lines

Plotresolution: 360, 720,...

Direction: bi / uni dir

Thin out: sets percentages og ink for the head when filling surfaces using HPGL commands (i'm using a PS rip)

Inkdrytimer:

Stiffness:

Feed correstion:

Rollcut:

Manageroll:

and thats all