Seeking a "cheat sheet" list of economical color printers

yupkime

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Still brand new in box? Just wondering what it has been doing for the last 5 years or so ...
I know someone who repacked monitors and sold them as "new" when in fact they were refurbished so be careful.

In doing some research, used ones sell for about $50 or less which is basically the price of a replacement printhead.
So as long as the printhead works you should be fine.

missiethegal

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
The original price on the iP4000 was something like $120. It eventually sold for $80 or $90 during closeout but they have since sold for much more than that on eBay. You better not tell your sister how much it is worth or she just might try to sell it and make a huge profit.
:lol: :lol:

missiethegal

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
yupkime said:
Still brand new in box? Just wondering what it has been doing for the last 5 years or so ...
I know someone who repacked monitors and sold them as "new" when in fact they were refurbished so be careful.

In doing some research, used ones sell for about $50 or less which is basically the price of a replacement printhead.
So as long as the printhead works you should be fine.
I'm not too worried about it-- I was looking to buy a used one anyway-- I haven't seen it yet so I can't say for sure, but maybe they just opened it up to take off the UPC for a rebate or something-- I've got a canon printer sitting in a dust pile for that exact reason-- my camera was CHEAPER if I bought a printer too. Only they scored much better than I did on printer value ;)

If it was repackaged as "new" I'd imagine they'd try selling it on ebay to make a much bigger profit. My sis said they were a young family so I'm not too leery. But I appreciate you mentioning your concerns :)