Seals in the printhead?

Red John

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have raised the printer and there is no ink on the table.

If the remaining ink flooded the waste pads it is possible that I have to send the Canon printer to the technical service for the substitution, with the expense that he carries.

The printer only has three days of life and is completely new.

Can guarantee help?

What have I to to do in this situation?

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Unfortunately Canon will not cover that kind of damage to the printer. Ciss installation pretty much voids your warranty. And a three month old printer with completely flooded waste ink pads will be obvious to them. If it still prints ok you should just refill but keep the printer on a tray of some sort to prevent ink from pouring out of your printer. Then when the printer finally does flood out you should just get an Epson printer since they are much more friendly to CISS installation and waste ink tank modification.

I like my setup an Epson Artisan 50 with a reset button CISS and my waste ink tank also is modified, ink doesn't slosh around, I made pads by folding toilet paper to fill in a small tupperware container.

Red John

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Rihac says to me that this printer can store 600ml of ink in the waste pads.

They encourage me that I follow with the installation, and they would send me me new ink for Canon printer..

Should I continue with this or to leave any hope?

I do not believe that the hoses do a looping, but the adhesives that were bringing the supports like that were indicating it to me.

Red John

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
Red John

Those little seals are only suppose to be used for CISS cartridges and not for any others, so remove them when youre using the normal refillable or OEM cartridge ok.. :)
I take again this thread because today a few refill carts with ARC chips have come to me with these little seals for the MP640 printhead.

If this is not necessary..., why have they me sent them?

Can sure I be on not having put these seals in my printhead?

Thanks.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Red John
Normally you wouldnt need to use those little seals, but on compatibles cartridges I suppose it would be safer to use them.. :|

Red John

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi The Hat,

You had reason. These small seals do not become necessary for the compatible refill carts.

I contacted the seller and explained this case to him. He committed a mistake on these seals having sent myself.

I now print with the MP640 printer and Hobbicolors dye ink with an extraordinary quality.

I have a problem now. Sometimes, when I print, the paper comes stained with black ink in the low right end.

I have realized all kinds of cleanlinesses but I do not manage to solve it completely.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Red John

Sounds like you have a leaking black cartridge for whatever reason.
Try refitting the small seal just on the black cartridge and see if that will cure your leak.
Also OEM cartridges might be a better option for you..

emerald

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Red John: Post #16

"I have a problem now. Sometimes, when I print, the paper comes stained with black ink in the low right end."

I had the same problem, more so with envelopes. I fixed the problem by cleaning the BOTTOM of the carriage box that contains the ink cartridges. My problem was with a Canon iP5000 and two Canon i560 printers which are NOT all-in-one printers like yours.

I folded a piece of paper towel into 4-5 thicknesses about an inch and a half wide and dampened it slightly. I opened the lid and placed it under the path of the print head carriage so that it was just touching the paper towel. I moved the carriage back and forth across the damp towel by hand while exerting modest downward pressure on the two areas of the print head carriage where I suspected the source of the ink smudging was. You might have to experiment with the thickness and width of the towel. The towel was blackened by ink. After doing this twice, the towel was clean. It fixed the problem of INK-SMUDGED PAPER AND ENVELOPES.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Red John said:
I have a problem now. Sometimes, when I print, the paper comes stained with black ink in the low right end.
In the Maintenance tab of your Canon printer's Properties, run a "Bottom Plate Cleaning". This may take care of your problem with little effort on your part.