Sealing outlet port on cli521 carts after refilling

ni9eofse7en

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If you have not got the orange outlet cover, what do you cover with to store for a while? I have two pgi520 carts without outlet covers.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
The easiest thing to do is to wrap it in cling film (you will probably find it in the kitchen). Just make sure it is tight and it doesn't touch the sponge in the exit hole.

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
If it were me I would check at local office supply shops or better still, a shop that does refilling and ask if they have any for sale. If none can be found I would wrap the cartridge with White Teflon Tape that plumbers use to seal pipe threads and place in a plastic bag until orange clips can be ordered from one of the vendors on this site.

ni9eofse7en

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks Peter BJ

I just seen the clips at octoink, after I just got my last order. But I am a Yorkshireman and I like the innertube idea, cheap (free I mean) :) and effective. Now where can I get an old innertube from ....:rolleyes:

Big_Al

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ni9eofse7en said:
Thanks Peter BJ

I just seen the clips at octoink, after I just got my last order. But I am a Yorkshireman and I like the innertube idea, cheap (free I mean) :) and effective. Now where can I get an old innertube from ....:rolleyes:
After reading about that idea, some months ago, I went to a bike shop and got a used intertube. I was a little tight, but it works.
Al

ni9eofse7en

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yep, I know one or two bike shops in the area and there is one where I work, so should be able to get hold of soon. Nice to read it works.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ni9eofse7en said:
Yep, I know one or two bike shops in the area and there is one where I work,
so should be able to get hold of soon. Nice to read it works.
Make sure that the tubes are good and small because I used some from a mountain bike and it was a bit big,
it worked quite well but could have being a better fit it worked great on the larger cartridge dough..:)

ni9eofse7en

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks, some kids just dumped his bike outside the driveway, think I'll just nip out....................

Only joking :D

I will bear the info in mind. I was thinking inner tube from a racing bike, have you seen the size of them, the wheels thumb print can't be much bigger than your own. No wonder they keep falling off. ouch!