SC-P600 suddenly a blue color cast

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
II already have. Multiple times.
If your using two different O/S’s at the same time, then your pissing up a rope, you’ll get nowhere that way fast..

I asked for a print of the link above that I provided, and got no photo or answer, you’re so far into your mess you’ve forgotten all the basics, advice was offered and ignored, so I’m out of here..:barnie

Lesslemming

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
SC-P600
Excuse me?

How is having two PCs with different OS “pissing up a rope”?

I have provided a scan of a test chart from a reputable resource in the first post. You have asked for a “test image like this one”. I explained in detail how I printed the test image. Without any changes. The test chart in my very first post has grey scale. I have also remarked that I do not have a professional scanner, so my scans might not be helpful at all.

Not finding a solution is frustrating for you as well, I understand that. Still, I feel I have provided extensive descriptions, details and screenshots that were asked of me.

for example: the screenshots I provided for C1 and Epson Print Layout. Is there anything you notice with those?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I think we are beyond the point that a test print of this or that image could tell us which driver settings - potentially - would cause the blue tint.

I rather propose a more simplistic approach - to print a short - 4 color step ramp with RGB=0 - 25% - 50% - 75% on a smaller piece of the glossy paper you are typically using - 10x15cm should suffice, and to print from another program less complex than those you currently use - freeware , XnView, Windows and with direct access to the driver settings - no Epson Print Layout overlay.

The patch with RGB=0 should be pretty neutral , that's the glossy photo black ink of the printer unchanged, and it's now the question how the 25% and 50% patches look - do they look blue - more blue than the black patch ? since that is the starting point of all communication - grays of all shades turn blue as you report. And please show the driver settings.
I would prefer it on a Windows computer over a Mac.

Lesslemming

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
SC-P600
I think we are beyond the point that a test print of this or that image could tell us which driver settings - potentially - would cause the blue tint.

I rather propose a more simplistic approach - to print a short - 4 color step ramp with RGB=0 - 25% - 50% - 75% on a smaller piece of the glossy paper you are typically using - 10x15cm should suffice, and to print from another program less complex than those you currently use - freeware , XnView, Windows and with direct access to the driver settings - no Epson Print Layout overlay.

The patch with RGB=0 should be pretty neutral , that's the glossy photo black ink of the printer unchanged, and it's now the question how the 25% and 50% patches look - do they look blue - more blue than the black patch ? since that is the starting point of all communication - grays of all shades turn blue as you report. And please show the driver settings.
I would prefer it on a Windows computer over a Mac.
I have tried that from within Affinity and Epson print layout (a 52 ramp greyscale to be precise). Would printing known grey patches from windows image viewer work for this test?

The result from my first gray patch prints are hard for me to evaluate but there is a what I perceive as a shift into blue.

Darkest patches seem okay, medium dark to medium light seem ever so slightly blueish but lighter colors seem okay again. Printing something like a purge file for PK, LLK and LK for my p-600 yielded pretty decent results In LLK. The LK did look acceptable but I don’t have a reference which makes judgement hard. This also means there was no obvious shift, though.

Thats why I was thinking this could be a LK Problem. But the cartridge has been replaced since without improvement and a purge file print may be a composite print in reality because I don’t have QTR

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
As simple as possible please - windows image viewer and direct access to the driver - and not 52 patches - just a few - we don't know the transition ranges for LK and LLk exactly - and no QTR or C1 or Affinity or......

The LK did look acceptable but I don’t have a reference which makes judgement hard. This also means there was no obvious shift, though.
So where is the strong shift to blue showing up then - in the darker grays or the lighter grays with this gray ramp ?-

Attachments

• Gray 4a.png
    Gray 4a.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Lesslemming

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
SC-P600
I will give this some time and report back with my findings in a few days. Thanks for all assistance so far

Lesslemming

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
SC-P600
I am really sorry for everyone who would have liked to know if I find the solution to my problem, which I will. But after some consideration I have come to the conclusion that I will not partake in a forum that requires immediate “compliance” as opposed to cooperation.

There comes a point in an error hunt when a team begins to fault its own members and that’s when it is at risk to stop being a team and the problem is no longer at the center of attention. This time has come.

I am grateful for all suggestions so far that I followed to the best of my ability and sometimes even multiple times, and gladly. I would have loved further assistance, but not at the expense of becoming such a burden to this forum and its members that they will openly discuss how testing and trialing communication with me must be.

There is value in kindness and patience and it has certainly been shown here. I will not let that go unappreciated but I will not ask for grace when none was necessary.

Thank you for your time, freely given and accepted with thanks. I will see myself out