Samsung SCX4623f

Bertz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would like my SCX4623f accept refilled cartridges by updating he firmware. the default firmware is 2.01.00.99 .

Help please.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Bertz said:
Hi guys,

I would like my SCX4623f accept refilled cartridges by updating he firmware. the default firmware is 2.01.00.99 .

Help please.
I think youre out of luck with refills if you have already upgraded your firmware from the Samsung website.
Their upgrades are issued in response to newer compatible cartridges that come on the market regularly.

If however you are still using the original firmware that came in your printer (not upgraded)
then youll have a much better chance of finding a chip that can reset so you then can fill your own cartridge.

The older compatible cartridges on sale for your printer will work so check with sites that sell them.
Try this site:- inkowl.com/ for one that will suite your model or email them for advice. :)

Bertz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have tried sending a virgin cartridge for refill to a local company here. they have a device to reset the original chip the came with the printer.

Of the three different cartridges I sent to them for refill & for chip reset, one had an error relating to the chip after some time of using. So far, no problem with the other two.

Just the same, I am more keen at looking for a reset solution on the firmware instead of resetting of the chip. I do not like the hustle of replacing the printer cartridges due failing chips every now and then.

Is there anybody out there who would like to share a copy a firmware resetter for Samsung SCX4656f and the ML-1860 ?