Samsung laser CLP 315- detects power, connects to PC - but lights don't come on & doesn't work

Antennina

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA ix6850, Epson 1400
Hi,

Hope somebody may be able to help me - I bought on a Samsung CLP315 colour laser printer on ebay and on arrival it seems DOA, no lights and no movement inside. Was bought cheap as faulty but one image showed a fairly recent printout report so assumed it still switched on and had movement but have now been advised by seller that it didnt switch on.
I have been trying to investigate further and found that when switching on the main power switch at the back, it does make a noise briefly, so it does detect power, however there's no lights coming on at the top or movement within the machine. I cleaned out the toner and imaging unit section as it had lots of toner everywhere inside, probably spilled from the waste unit when the box was battered about. I also connected it to my PC and it detected and installed the printer, so it has certainly some life, but it just does not reach the parts making the machine wake up and move!
Before I consign the printer to the bin - would anybody have any suggestions as to what else I could try to see what the weakest link might be?

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If it were me I’d dump the printer and chase the courier for the cost... ;)
Diagnosing an electrical problem long distance is near impossible... :hu