Rip software compatible with canon ix4000

gangsta

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi people,

recently purchased the ix4000, very happy with the printer but wondered if it was possible to print 4 colour CMYK rather than RGB.

I have looked through the settings and cannot find any setting to allow me to do this, also tried printing from applications such as adobe indesign and photoshop but obviously they send to and RGB driver.

So im guessing i need a Rip program inwhich i send all my print jobs to and then its sends cmyk data to the printer. Is my interpretation of rip programs correct that they can print CMYK and not RGB as the factory canon driver does.

Is there any freeware rip programs about? If not what programs are available for an PC XP system.

Thanks for your help

G

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
AFAIK, there is no way to send CMYK data to these consumer grade printers. The printer already has a self-contained firmware RIP, converting the RGB data to CMYK internally.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
gangsta said:
Hi people,

recently purchased the ix4000, very happy with the printer but wondered if it was possible to print 4 colour CMYK rather than RGB.

I have looked through the settings and cannot find any setting to allow me to do this, also tried printing from applications such as adobe indesign and photoshop but obviously they send to and RGB driver.

So im guessing i need a Rip program inwhich i send all my print jobs to and then its sends cmyk data to the printer. Is my interpretation of rip programs correct that they can print CMYK and not RGB as the factory canon driver does.

Is there any freeware rip programs about? If not what programs are available for an PC XP system.

Thanks for your help

G
you could try printfab, but you must have a mac or try to use software like http://www.insanelymac.com/ they develop unoficial mac system distributions that work on PC, at least for printing it works fine :)