Reviving a pro-1

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I doubt very much that he'd ship abroad
We are an international forum. Maybe someone in the seller's region might like that Munki, no broads required.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
:love :lol: It can stay so...:thumbsup
What a cream puff!

I reckon we all deserve a mulligan these days. :)

il_1588xN.2209664657_c73i.jpg

Frederik Forsberg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
I must admit that I got a little surprised seeing all the replies today ;)

I already have an interested buyer so don't worry - and I'm not charging 500 euros haha! More like 250 and then I'm throwing in some premium paper too. I think thats a good deal and I wouldn't mind going lower if needed. Please let me know if you think I'm charging too much.

But yea, the Pro-1 i have myself is thirsty so I'm saving OEM ink whenever possible and try to remember doing regular nozzle checks to avoid the dreaded cleaning cycles. I would love having a program setup to do it - you guys don't know of anything like that do you?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Canon cleaning routines aren't triggered by the time ellapsed since you printed something but by the time ellapsed since the last cleaning ( automated or manual) was perfomed. Therefore, printing nozzle checks every two days won't save any ink, although is a good procedure to keep the machine healthy. I'm afraid that the only way to avoid those cleaning cycles is not using the printer at all. A worse remedy than the malady, so to speak.

Frederik Forsberg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
Canon cleaning routines aren't triggered by the time ellapsed since you printed something but by the time ellapsed since the last cleaning ( automated or manual) was perfomed. Therefore, printing nozzle checks every two days won't save any ink, although is a good procedure to keep the machine healthy. I'm afraid that the only way to avoid those cleaning cycles is not using the printer at all. A worse remedy than the malady, so to speak.

I didn't realize this. My impression was clearly wrong - thanks for correcting me!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It doesn’t matter how you use your printer, it will always find a way to do a bit of cleaning, the trick is to try and avoid the bigger cleans, it’s swings and roundabouts..

Tip:- Just never unplug it from the power socket..

Frederik Forsberg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
Just a short update.

I just printed a nozzle check - looked good and then a photo. Everything seemed fine. Then I tried printing another photo and I got a B200. Haven't been able to remove the B200 after fiddling with it for an hour or so - or well basically just turning it of and back on.

Even if I get it removed I would feel bad about passing it on, so I guess that it will go for scraps now... Next problem... how to salvage the ink... hm...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Haven't been able to remove the B200 after fiddling with it for an hour or so
You could try unplugging it from the wall for half an hour and then powering it on again, the only trouble with doing that is it will waste quite a lot of ink with no guarantees that it will clear the error, but it usually does, especially if you want to save the ink in the carts..

Frederik Forsberg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
You could try unplugging it from the wall for half an hour and then powering it on again, the only trouble with doing that is it will waste quite a lot of ink with no guarantees that it will clear the error, but it usually does, especially if you want to save the ink in the carts..

Alright! I will try that. I gather that you agree its not fit for sale even if the error clears up?