Retail Refillers Forum

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
No problem, I'm here to help and love feedback / suggestions. Now, we just need to get people (especially those already in the inkjet refilling business) to start posting!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
BTW, let me know if you see any threads/topics that should be moved to this new forum (hit the e-mail link under my image). Include a link to the thread/topic.

Thanks!

Guardian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, I guess I might as well say hello :)

It's going to be 3 years soon since I work as an inkjet refiller. Looks like I mutated enough to be interested in my work even after work (I'm not the boss, you see xP). I'm basically fed up with guessing what I'm about to do (because boss saw someone somewhere doing it LIKE THAT :rolleyes:) with every new technical thingie, and I decided to look for some more knowledge. It'll be difficult with nowadays attitude towards sharing refilling info (well, suffice to say that I'm in the UK, and this is US forum :p), but I'll give it a try :]

PS. It's kinda weird to see pages of threads with like 3-5 replies, but read 600-2000 times! It only shows how envious we are of each other, afraid of others taking fruit of our labor. Well, this is stupid, and we won't get anywhere like that so I'm open for sharing knowledge I have (to some extent, unfortunately I'm bound by my contract :/).
Anyway, let's hold thumbs for us all and maybe we'll get somewhere... :]

atlascopy

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Would anybody be interested in a membership site where professional retail refillers could get together to discuss ideas and problems with the industry? I have been kicking around ideas with my counterpart in the UK (I'm in the US) and we think that this is a sorely needed avenue for refillers. I don't think there is anywhere on the internet where professionals can congregate to share ideas without worrying about giving away company secrets to the public.

This website could share new refilling techniques and keep everybody abreast of new areas of expertise and what is going on with major manufacturers. Especially Epson lately and how this could be a new source of revenue for refillers. If you were living in a cave this year you probably didn't know that Epson is systematically putting the generic manufacturers out of business. They don't care if you sell refilled OEM Epson cartridges, however, which is great news to refillers.

It could include interviews from major industry refillers as well as articles from the heavy hitters from Recharger Mag to local shop owners. A lot of information for the professional refiller can be included. Ideas are welcome.

Any interest in this?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
There's already a few commercial sites out there but having tried to actually get registered on them I've been blocked with lame excuses about my domain names being used by spammers, etc...

Feel free to test the waters but as a rule I wouldn't bother with a forum like this unless you find that it starts and grows organically.