Resting CLI cartridges

heathpc

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
How does one "RESET" the canon CLI cartridges? I have refilled a couple and the Magenta worked for a bt but had the ! all the time. The other cyan is doing well. I am using canon cartridges and refilling them.

heathpc

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have read elswhere on this site that there is a sequence of buttons on the printer that one could use to reset it. It is just that the sequence was not included. Does anyone have that sequence?

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
heathpc said:
I have read elswhere on this site that there is a sequence of buttons on the printer that one could use to reset it. It is just that the sequence was not included. Does anyone have that sequence?
This re-set sequence referred to is a reset of the machine`s logic/eeprom itself, ( e.g clearing a "waste tank full " type restriction). not a reset of the chipped cart.

Chipped carts are given a new "full " identity by the RedSetter ,(indepedent of the machine ),and will then work in any printer that uses chipped carts.

Playing with the machine`s re-set sequences should only be attempted as a very last resort, in my opinion , it can do all sorts of confusing things if an error is made , like re-assigning the country / continent it is meant to run in .
I would only use the machine re-set for either the waste tank full situation or the machine had refused to operate due to errors that could not be cleared any other way.

Froggy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I think he is referring to

www.ink.co.uk

Select your canon inkjet printer model and go through the pages until you find the resetter, currently 10.06 plus P&P

I have used this company and got prompt service.

Only downside the free offer of 180gsm "inkswiss" 6x4 photocards (at the time I made my order) - the product provided was, frankly, absolute crap. Although this was using a standard MP610 print which looked perfect on Epson paper, slightly pink on elcheapo paper from "The Works" but I could work with that, and muddy, blurred and watercoloury on the Inkswiss rubbish. At least I didn't waste money on them!

*added note. The Inkswiss paper appears to work better on my old canon 6200 but only with brighter prints.

Ash

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG5350
Froggy said:

www.ink.co.uk

Select your canon inkjet printer model and go through the pages until you find the resetter, currently 10.06 plus P&P

Only downside the free offer of 180gsm "inkswiss" 6x4 photocards (at the time I made my order) - the product provided was, frankly, absolute crap. Although this was using a standard MP610 print which looked perfect on Epson paper, slightly pink on elcheapo paper from "The Works" but I could work with that, and muddy, blurred and watercoloury on the Inkswiss rubbish. At least I didn't waste money on them!

*added note. The Inkswiss paper appears to work better on my old canon 6200 but only with brighter prints.
Thanks for the info, found it :cool:

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Froggy said:

www.ink.co.uk

Has anyone tried their inks? They seem to do Swiss and American inks for an IP4500 at widely differing prices.

Servo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've tried their inks and carts. The carts reset okay, but the inkswiss fill in them are of very poor standard. however, the smaller refill kit gives quite good colour, but not as good as a formulated product for canon printers. I bought some ink from ebay, 4 x 100 ml for canon printers, and upgraded the black to pigment ink, and the results were superb. All colours were very bright and had high contrast. (10 inc post for normal black and 3 colours)

Froggy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Servo said:
I bought some ink from ebay, 4 x 100 ml for canon printers, and upgraded the black to pigment ink, and the results were superb. All colours were very bright and had high contrast. (10 inc post for normal black and 3 colours)
Useful Info - was wondering about their inks.
Now I'm wondering what ebay seller you used?

Thanks