Resetting the Compatible Chip & Unclog Photo Black

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
Remember, in my instructions I advise to let the printer sit overnight. Sometimes it just takes time for these problems to clear up.
The overnight soak works on the basis that the cleaning solution moves up from purge pad and down from the nozzle screen. I am not sure that the cleaning solution have good contact with the bottom of the printhead. The printer is doing something when the cover is closed. The cleaning solution may have sucked away. I flooded both pads with the cleaning solution. I watched the printhead and pulled the power when it moved back to the right. Is this how you do it?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Yes, except I would not recommend putting Windex on the screens where the cartridge contact the printhead unless you are going to do a cleaning immediately. You don't want Windex mixing with your inks.

Keep in mind these instructions are for unclogging nozzles which is not your problem. You have a flow (or feed) problem. Putting Windex on the pads overnight is not going to make much difference for that.

Sometimes just letting the printer sit overnight without doing anything special is enough to fix flow problems. Remember, the ink is water soluable and the ink is mainly water so most of the time just getting fresh ink on the restriction will dissolve a little more of it away.

birdy176

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Mighty interesting cleaning discussion going on here. Am in the same boat with my BCI-3 and 6 cart models. Using cleaning fluid in an otherwise empty tank seems like a good idea. My question is: After such treatment how do I make sure that no trace of the foreign liquid remains anywhere before I put back the properly filled ink carts?

I want to revive my model 6000 at all costs and possibly even my wife's 4000.

Thank you guys!

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
These threads are great. Everyone will have this problem eventually, and no single method seems to work for everyone. Let's just keep adding to our body of knowledge. Good stuff!! I have learned a lot from this.