Reset ink cartridges - CLI 551 for Pixma MX725

tupakhuisa

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Mx725
Hello everybody,

I just bought ink bottle to refill my cartridges for my canon pixma mx725 that use CLI 551 cartridges. I'm facind the problem that even if they are refilled, the printer still say they are out of ink. Is there a way to reset the ink count for theses cartridges. I'm not sure but I remember to have done this with the service tool by accident a year ago. I have done the following actions " Clear Ink counter, Ink absorber counter and set destination" with the service tool and it didn't change anything.
Thanks in advance for your help

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You cannot reset the ink cartridges from service mode. You need a resettter. For instance you can get one from here or here.

The use of a wrong version service tool might cause loss of access to service mode, it is recommended to use version 4720 or newer (higher number) for your printer. So which version service tool did you use?

Hugorm

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IP7250, TS9150
Hello everybody,

I just bought ink bottle to refill my cartridges for my canon pixma mx725 that use CLI 551 cartridges. I'm facind the problem that even if they are refilled, the printer still say they are out of ink. Is there a way to reset the ink count for theses cartridges. I'm not sure but I remember to have done this with the service tool by accident a year ago. I have done the following actions " Clear Ink counter, Ink absorber counter and set destination" with the service tool and it didn't change anything.
Thanks in advance for your help
Allow me to come with a suggestion:
Don't wate your money on a resetter. Buy a set of resetable cartridges instead.
I've tried resetables in a IP7250, but find the work beeing too much and have had difficulties in finding a good set of refill ink. Especially the yellow were/is a problem.