Reset G2500 ink waste error

phoenix100

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G2500
Hey dear forum,

first of all thank you for having this place. I own a Canon G2500 and I just ran into the diabolical 5B00 error....
I searched several pages here on the forum (for example this one here). Problem is: None have deep info on how to reset the ink counter here.

If possible, could anyone let me know what version of the Service Tool I need to access the error code? I tried 4718 but I'm not sure how to actually access the service mode with my model... (is it button pressing, is it now...)

So if anyone here could help me, I'd greatly appreciate all help since I am most certainly not sending it to Canon...

With regards

phl1365

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G7020
Hello. Sadly I cannot help you, but would you mind sharing how long you have had the printer? I just got a G7020, and I'm curious when I should expect to encounter this error.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The WicReset utility claims to support the reset of the waste ink counter for Canon G series printers, but there are reports that this wouldn't work anymore if there had been prior attempts to use some other maintenance software, but it may be worth a try nevertheless

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Anyone have the reset process for the MG2520 ?
What you need is the proper service tool App, this can be purchased on the web for a few $, but if you have already been trying several different reset attempts then your chances of success are now very poor, you may have locked yourself out of the printer for good..