Report on highlighters used on Canon pigment inks.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
qwertydude said:
Stratitec pigment ink is $29.99 for a pint and is 100% pigment and doesn't budge when dry. It's a high quality ink that I find doesn't clog my printhead as much as even canon oem when left alone for long periods of time.
I never had a problem with Inktec ink (for the BCI-3eBk) clogging print heads. The problem I'm referring to is clogging the purge system. Every one of the printers (except my own) that I supplied refilled ink for has developed this problem and several of them were unrecoverable and I'm not sure that the ones that have been recovered are going to last very much longer unless lots of Windex is used on them. I'm sure lots of Windex is what kept mine from clogging, but shortly after it registered full waste ink tanks and I reset the counter, it started leaking out black ink.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
leo8088 said:
But, this paper is one that gave the best text quality I have ever got from any other papers. The text was extremely dark, shiny dark I should add. The text was also extremely sharp and crispy. Nothing else could compare with such outstanding text (perhaps only laser prints could). If I see this paper again I will definitely buy many more. I remember it was around $8 a realm of 500 sheets.
I took a look at the samples I printed with different papers and ink. They all looked identical, none of them were shiny, so I guess the HP paper you tried was probably not ColorLok.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
With the print coming out tacky I'd just as soon guess leo8088 was using a swellable polymer paper from the way it behaves with ink especially pigment ink, pigment ink should never turn out glossy in fact on porous photo paper it always ends up as a dull coating of dust that can be wiped away. But I did notice on my HP swellable photo paper that pigment ink would absorb into the polymer and would end up glossy.

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
No, it was plain paper. I managed to dig out some of the HP paper this morning. They have HP letter head printed on them. I guess these were what I got from a surplus recycling place. The paper isn't photo paper. It's not even very white. The paper feels very good quality on my hand. If you have similar paper like this you will definitely notice that the black ink will be still fairly wet when it's fresh out of the printer. You will also notice that the text quality is extremely good as well. This has something to do with the type of paper. But it is not polymer coated. It is just plain paper.

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
In my country, things get completely in reverse! :D It's very hard to find a ColorLoK paper (the real one, not the "chinese" fake one which are ubiquitous in my country simply because China sits next door...). All 90% A4 plain paper found in a random store is a normal one.