Replacement of absortion material.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I washed the absorber felt (?) sheets with warm, not hot water <40C/104F. I gently squeezed some of them to remove some of the water.
I spin dried the rest of them. They also shrunk.
These waste pads are not meant to be cleaned, and the use of hot water does cause them to shrink, hand warm water is best and the spin dryer didn’t help either..
The best way to dry them is between newpaper and put them back in the printer slightly damp..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If you can PM me the thickness(s?) and overall area(s?) that you need, I can enquire as to cost of getting some bits as uncut sheet for you.
Our man from South Yorks going the distance for a customer. :thumbsup

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have just taken the operating panel of the MG6853 apart to examine the Stop/resume switch. It is a membrane switch, which I cannot check the function of. I tried cleaning using a little contact cleaner on a Q-tip. It had no effect. the Stop/resume button still doesn't work.

So I cannot enter service mode and reset the absorber counter, so I will not need new felt material to cut absorbers from. But thank you very much for the offer @websnail .

I have a Canon MG5450S with a bad print head. It shows both double vertical lines in PGBK and fuzziness in photo BK. The print head is the same QY6-0082 in both printers, so I guess I will sacrifice the MG6853 and transfer the print head to the MG5440S.

Both printers were bought cheaply at thrift stores, just out of curiosity to learn about newer Canon printers, service mode and their quality compared to the good old models.