Removing/replacing toner in colour laser

MarkW19

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just a quick one - we were sent some replacement toners for our HP 2605DN colour laser, hoping the new toners would fix some print quality issues we've been having.

But, the new toners haven't improved anything, so I'm now stuck with the old toners which were still 96% full. Can I store these toners and use them in a couple of months' time when these new toners run out? Or will the toner dry up or anything?

Thanks.

Forsurchi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Are you talking about toner refills? Or toner cartridges?. As long as you have the cover on the cartridges everything should be fine a few months from now. If you talking about toner refills, make sure you seal the bottle air tight so the color quality of the toner doesn't degrade with time.

MarkW19

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi, just the actual toner (cartridge), I don't use refills.

What exactly is the "cover"?

Thanks.

Forsurchi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well most cartridges come with a face plate to protect the roller. If your Using a cartridge, just put the face cover back on there and store it, it'll be fine when you come to use it. The toner inside is protected in the toner hopper casing. So no big worries.

MarkW19

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I use a HP printer (Color LaserJet 2605DN), and I've not noticed a removable cover on the toners? Just the orange tab/ribbon strip thing that you have to remove before use (and then discard)...maybe the cover is part of the actual cartridge and is not removable?

Forsurchi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
You should be good with the HP 2600, just store it away if you don't need it right now. It should be fine in a few months. That ribbon just blocks the toner from passing thru to the rollers, but is not a big factor.

MarkW19

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Great, thanks for your help :)

tony uk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi the 2600 range printers are rubbish.. make sure every time you change a cartridge you do a full calibration of the printer this improves the quality a lot, but to be honest ditch the printer and buy at least a 3500 model more pages better print.