Refilling the i960

Subarub4

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
dusting off the i960 it was sitting 5 years unused all the tanks I kept in the printer but pretty much all dried out.. Now I did have some issues today it was giving me an error code.. took half the printer apart to turn the thing that raises and lowers the print head height and it seems to be normal.. I think 4 orange flashes means empty ink right?

All my carts are OEM.. I used to use mediastreet ink.. I was trying to find cheap enough ink to refill the OEM carts using the methods I've seen here but I can't seem to find any with PM or PC.

For the time being I ordered a new set of carts (non OEM) but anyways how should I go about with the OEM carts?

M

macbroom

If you are in US or Canada you might try Costco. They sometimes have refill kits with PM and PC. I was using them to refill my Epson and found the ink pretty good.

Subarub4

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yeah I'm in the US but don't have a costco membership however.

soaking the head right now in windex

img6629y.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Subarub4 said:
I guess no one knows :(
There are two places I can recommend to you to get all youll need to refill your OEM cartridges
ink plugs needles and anything else that takes your fancy for your 960 printer.

One is precisioncolors.com and the other is inkjetcarts.us so Happy Refilling..:thumbsup

Subarub4

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
Subarub4 said:
I guess no one knows :(
There are two places I can recommend to you to get all youll need to refill your OEM cartridges
ink plugs needles and anything else that takes your fancy for your 960 printer.

One is precisioncolors.com and the other is inkjetcarts.us so Happy Refilling..:thumbsup
on the inkjetcart.us site if I order the kit I get everything including the syringe? I wonder if I can just do the ink and syringe with the needles I would like to try and use my OEM carts if I could.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Subarub4
I would like to try and use my OEM carts if I could.
Please just stick with your OEM cartridges for refilling there are the best and you can use the compatibles carts up and then dump them.
Use which ever refilling method that youre comfortable with and you can always try the one way later..:)

Subarub4

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well I had no others yet but I had some compatible carts I just got today.. I let the head soak for about 2 hours and then did the cleaning like shown here.. then i printed out the EEPROM test and you can see it here.. I recycled some paper since I did not want to use my photo paper I have.

a few broken lines on the grid but not as bad as I thought for it sitting as long as it did.

scan1202170001.jpg

Subarub4

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
These inks I'm using right now are called "Sophia Global" They are not bad but It could be better to get a tad more saturation.. What settings do I need to change for that?

M

macbroom

Ha I like it....nozzle check printed on the back of the service manual pages for Subaru timing belt replacement! I own a 2006 Impreza.