8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
I just ordered 2 sets of arc chips will post the result asap

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Catching up but looking forward to more information having recently returned to the job of reviving some HP88 printhead style printers

joseph99929

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If they work well, I'd be highly curious to get my hands on some! All I've come across are "permanent chips" which don't show an ink level at all, but at least don't give nasty ink low messages.

amritp

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
TheTonerGuy said:
As my name suggests, I am mostly a toner expert. However, every now and then a customer comes to see me requesting an inkjet refill.

I have some deep concerns about refilling the HP 940 and 940XL cartridges because of the chip. Apparently there is no way to reset the chip nor are there any replacement chips available.

Here are my concerns:

1) Once refilled, the chip will still say "low ink" but the printer will print. If the cartridge runs out of ink, won't this damage the print heads?

2) Is there a practical way to ensure that the user does not run out of ink?

3) Some people are selling remanufactured cartridges with chips that are not reset. Don't they have the risk of damaging print heads too?

I am confused. From my experience the print heads are more expensive that the printer. So why would anyone want to refill if the risk of damage is so great?

I would appreciate hearing about your experiences on this subject and about your recommendations.

Thank you .

TheTonerGuy
Dear Friend,

The Inks and chips are available with us you have to peal-out the old chip and replace it with a new one every time you refill the cartridge.
The inks used are pigment based inks. If you find any problem with the cartridges or have any question, I would be glad to answer the same. I am an Inkjet cartridge expert.
A K Prabhaker
email: akshit.prabhaker@gmail.com