Refilling Canon Pro-10 Carts

martincregg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
One of my PGI-72 carts is getting low. This will be the first time I will need to refill. I already have the Precision Colors ink on stand-by. I currently do not have a second set of carts.

Several questions:
What's the best practice for refilling in this situation?
Should I refill / top-up them all?
Refill just the one that is low?

I will get a second set of empty carts eventually. Once I have that, when one goes low would I take out all the carts, replace with the second set, and then reset and refill the ones just taken out of the printer?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It’s much of a muchness at the start, you can run these Pro 10 carts to empty safely one at a time, yes you will waste some ink doing this but until you get a second set of carts you won’t see much saving until then, I hope you like your new printer... ;)

P.S. Remember to reset the chip before refilling...

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
It’s much of a muchness at the start, you can run these Pro 10 carts to empty safely one at a time, yes you will waste some ink doing this but until you get a second set of carts you won’t see much saving until then, I hope you like your new printer... ;)

P.S. Remember to reset the chip before refilling...

But you can refill and reset all carts when one is empty even with 1 set, can't you ?

The only annoyance will be that the printer will relocate the head to the right and show an error since you can't do it that fast, but it will be repositioned in the middle again by closing/opening the cover.

Paul Edmunds

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 100s
Remove and reset all carts, refill all carts and refit. Done.