Refilling Canon CL41

Mikey

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi got a new printer last week (ip2600) to print a large rasterbation image, the colour ran low so I tried refilling it with a refill kit from jrinkjet but its not working proper, the black is ok but the colour doesn't work, it will work for a few minutes if I blow down the hole I drilled to force some ink out, then one or all 3 colours just stop, do I need to leave it for a while for the ink to settle? I've been trying to get this bloody thing to work for 5 hours now please help me:( The cartridge is CL41

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your problems. New cartridges seem to be the order of the day to get yourself printing again. Ink quantities in these carts is not great. An older model iP3500 if you can get one is a better bet and you can get a resetter for it which you can't get for the 2600 just yet. I also think that your colour cart for the 2600 is an all in one (3 colours in one cart) which is normally a nightmare to refill as well as not being able to have its chip reset. They also have built in printhead which normally is well worn by the time the cart is empty and don't take kindly to refilling
Sorry but I would send this back (minus the carts) for a refund and try for a Canon with separate ink tanks that are easier to refill. The older iP3500 is still available through Amazon or you may be able to find one elsewhere.
Good luck
Doug

Mikey

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Looking round the internet people manage to refill these at lease 6 times and I've managed to refill them in the past with my old ip1600, maybe I've done something wrong this time? could I have got some air in there or something? Could air cause this problem? Would it be worth taking apart and cleaning out?

Mikey

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
WOOOOHOOO took them apart this morning, cleaned and reassembled and there working fine now :)

Mikey

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
The colours have changed slightly but there working :)

One more question how do I get this bloody ink off my hands and face? :D

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Scrub with soap and water until your hands and face bleed. Oh, no, that would be too extreme. Just scrub until most of the ink goes away. It'll disappear in couple days. Here are a couple links where the subject was discussed recently:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=7224#p7224

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=22280#p22280

Be very careful if you decide to use bleach, especially on your face and around your eyes. You don't want even a small drop to splash in your eye.

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
Scrub with soap and water until your hands and face bleed. Oh, no, that would be too extreme. Just scrub until most of the ink goes away. It'll disappear in couple days. .
I wince a bit at the "until hands and face bleed" , but I wash with soapy water several times until the hand staining has paled but will not reduce any more. This softens the skin and opens up the pores which makes the staining more amenable to the next stage.

Then I use one of those small bathroom (synthetic) sponges that go hard , (like a slice of toast), if they are allowed to dry out . This sponge is used dry , (like a sandpaperblock), firmly stroking the stained area of skin several times . you can see the ink staining reduce on your skin and be transferred to the sponge , never wet the sponge ( to semi- clean) , till you are finished.
This method reduces stain enough for the time being , then I agree "it will disappear completely in a couple of days."

I do not know the name of this type of sponge. My wife wont let me use bleach inside the house due to safety reasons concerning me and the soft furnishings.

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I use a similar sponge but not dry. The sponge has a coarse side. I wet it with soap then use it to wash and scrub my hands. It works pretty well. It reduces the stain to barely noticeable. But it won't clean the nails still.