Refilling an Epson Picturemate cartridge

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
As promised, I show here how to refill a Picturemate cartridge. In this example a Picturemate 100 cartridge is refilled. Cartridges of other Picturemate models are refilled in the same way, but resetting the cartridge of the newer models may differ.

First, find out how much ink is left in the cartridge. I use SSC utility to view that.
2ce3nv5.jpg

Always reset the chip before refilling. The chip has to be taken from the cartridge. Reset the chip with a generation 2 resetter. That is a resetter that is made for T0611 cartridges.
You can use a piece of tape to keep the chip in place after having it put back.

I removed the old ink because the ink can be thickened by drying out. Removing the old ink is not necessary if the ink is reasonably fresh.
Remove old ink from the cartridge by putting a syringe without a needle in one of the outlet holes. The ink can be sucked out slowly. Do the same with the other outlet holes. Use a different syringe for each color.

The new ink can be injected in the cartridge in the same way, with a syringe without a needle. The ink must be injected very slowly. I use 8 ml per color for an empty cartridge.

Cover the holes with tape if you choose to shake the cartridge.
Remove the tape before inserting the cartridge in the printer.

In this story I’ve refilled an OEM cartridge. There are also refillable cartridges and CISS systems available for Picturemate printers. They are equipped with ARC chips. I assume the use of a refillable is easier than an OEM cartridge.

5x0go2.jpg

The nozzle check was printed on blue paper to enhance the yellow pattern.

29w5yti.jpg

I’ve used UV ink for this refilling, it’s exactly the same colour and density as OEM ink. But of course you can choose any ink that is suitable for Epson.