Refillable cartridge vs Resetting the cartridge

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
The saturation of the inks may differ even with the same dyes used. Th tank printers might use different algorithms for the ink lay down. Inks for tank printers must have different compositions as the ink supply system is different. This could be viscosity and surface-active agents. So you get different results.
Cheers,
Maximilian
was wondering just that. I also used the refillable cartridge in this first try and not the OEM ones as I wanted to make sure that the chips were working before savaging them for their chips applying the Hat's tutorial for refilling them. Haha.
When I compare the nozzle check page cyan, magenta and black seems pretty much the same to the naked eye, but yellow seems a lot less saturated and yet, when I swap the yellow back to the OEM cartridge (keeping the rest of it) I still can't get the same result as before. I later swapped all of them back to OEM with the same outcome. But I confess that I only did the light/regular nozzle clean after swapping back and not the deeper one. I do will investigate more on the subject and try to find a better result with the new inks, but first I will need to reverse it to the original results.
On the bright side... My hands are really colorful today. Hahaha

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
Guys just to let you know, I do get advised that this could not be the same ink and saturation, from all of you, before I bought the inks, the only reason I am disappointed is that I had ..hope. hahaha.
To be fair, pictures do look closer to what it seems in a calibrated monitor (using spyder 3 at least), Nut somehow I liked the more saturated yellow version. This may be also something with the flow from the ink in this alternative cartridge, maybe once I move back to the OEM ones it change results once again.

Jaysus! We figured out how to do it. Quit scaring the young ones. :old

• Can you drill or punch a hole in the cartridge top?
  • Can you use tape, a screw or silicone plug (best choice) to seal the hole?
  • Can you use a syringe and needle to transfer ink into the cartridge?
  • If there is no transparent window to see the ink level, can you use a scale to measure weight of the cartridge to know how much ink to fill? (need to know the "Full" weight of a new and never used cartridge and then how to add or subtract)
  • Do you have a sink or outdoors to do the refilling?
  • Do you have gloves to keep potential mess off hands?

I posted a link for OP to see the process of refilling for the 250/251 cartridges. I am sure they can make up their own mind.
Thank you very much, will do every step of it with the OEM cartridges and will get back here to post results! It seems messy, but not the end of the world, I will just need to buy a small "cooking" scale for that.
I got confused about who the tutorial came from at another post, my sincere apologies about that, already fixing it.

We can guess which image is which ink set but it is best you label them so we can quickly tell. Some of us do not buy green bananas for fear we may not be around till they are ripe.

It was a figure of speech. Like... If my description was clear enough to tell them apart. Case I was posting from my phone and could not tell in which order the page would post the pictures
In which part of this world are you located - you are referring to the GI-13 ink.
These inks are Chromalife 100 - without + - inks , Chromalife 100+ inks are not available bottled but just come in cartridges e.g. for the Pro-200 printer. But this does not make much of a difference - the overall gamut is pretty much similar. Color variations are caused by the fact that you are most likely printing without a icc profile and problably not on Canon-paper . The test images you are using are specifically made to test the gamut boundaries, and the original image files use the AdobeRGB color space which is wider than sRGB. If you use the correct profile for your paper/ink combination the softproof function in Photoshop should show you the in- and out of gamut areas.

The longevity/UV stability of the Chromalife inks is the best you can get with dye inks, if you need more you would need to switch to a printer with pigment inks like the Pro-300.
Hi Ink stained, I am in Brazil, my local consultant did state that the GI-13 was ChromaLife100+ (Do not trust them entirely thou). But in any case, maximilian59 has already alerted me that, if this was the case, there is just a minor difference between them for my porpouses at least. But thank you for your whole input on the matter.