Refill Problem

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Hi I just bought these inks for my Epson 1500W (http://international.inkjetmall.com...olor-Pro-Pigment-System-60ml-T79-version.html) and am having some trouble,
I refilled the first time and when putting the cartridges back in the printer the printers warning refill light wouldn't turn off so I removed the cartridges and set them back in and the light went out,
well I just refilled again today and the light won't turn off, I tried to take the cartridges back out and in again but for some reason the light won't turn off and I can not use the printer,
has anyone had this problem? if so what would be the fix? other than that the pigment ink is pretty darn good
Thanks;)

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
your problem is most likely not with the ink but with the cartridges - are these refill cartridges with an autoreset chip ARC ? Have you used these before with other inks ?

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
your problem is most likely not with the ink but with the cartridges - are these refill cartridges with an autoreset chip ARC ? Have you used these before with other inks ?
I used them only with the pigment ink, but I know what my problem is they are autoreset chips but I accedently refilled all my cartridges before the printer light came on, so what would I need to do now to get the light to turn off?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Buy a resetter and reset the chips of your cartridges. This way you will also prevent the dreaded cascading ink spilling when several cartridges are near empty and you will have to go several cleaning cycles and refills and a lot of ink is spoiled.

For example:

Y: 50% PB: 100% LC: 5% LM: EMPTY M: 10% C: 15%

You refill the LM and the autoreset chip of LM is reset and the printer will prime the cartridge, but you will get this:

Y: 45% PB: 95% LC: EMPTY LM: 100% M: 5% C: 10%

Now you have to refill the LC cartridge, because the priming dropped the ink level of cartridges, so here we go again after installing into the printer and the autoreset chip of LC is reset and printer again primes the print head and you will get this:

Y: 40% PB: 90% LC:100% LM: 95% M: EMPTY C: 5%

Here we go again after refilling the M and reinstalling into the printer:

Y: 35% PB: 85% LC:95% LM: 90% M:100% C: EMPTY

Oops C is now empty, so again refilling and autoreset chips resets to full:

Y: 30% PB: 80% LC:90% LM: 85% M:95% C: 100%

Now you can finally print and your printer has dumped 4 times ink from all cartridges. This is the reason why I use a resetter and when one or two cartridges are near empty, I remove all cartridges, refill all cartridges and reset the chip. Even better: buy 2 sets and have it ready when one or more cartridges are empty or near empty you replace the whole set with the new one, that is completely full and reset to full. This way only 1 priming cycle will be executed and thus saving ink.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
:thumbsup Very well explained, @pharmacist, that should help all those that read this thread, and I put a name to this dreadful practice, it's called the Domino factor...

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Buy a resetter and reset the chips of your cartridges. This way you will also prevent the dreaded cascading ink spilling when several cartridges are near empty and you will have to go several cleaning cycles and refills and a lot of ink is spoiled.

For example:

Y: 50% PB: 100% LC: 5% LM: EMPTY M: 10% C: 15%

You refill the LM and the autoreset chip of LM is reset and the printer will prime the cartridge, but you will get this:

Y: 45% PB: 95% LC: EMPTY LM: 100% M: 5% C: 10%

Now you have to refill the LC cartridge, because the priming dropped the ink level of cartridges, so here we go again after installing into the printer and the autoreset chip of LC is reset and printer again primes the print head and you will get this:

Y: 40% PB: 90% LC:100% LM: 95% M: EMPTY C: 5%

Here we go again after refilling the M and reinstalling into the printer:

Y: 35% PB: 85% LC:95% LM: 90% M:100% C: EMPTY

Oops C is now empty, so again refilling and autoreset chips resets to full:

Y: 30% PB: 80% LC:90% LM: 85% M:95% C: 100%

Now you can finally print and your printer has dumped 4 times ink from all cartridges. This is the reason why I use a resetter and when one or two cartridges are near empty, I remove all cartridges, refill all cartridges and reset the chip. Even better: buy 2 sets and have it ready when one or more cartridges are empty or near empty you replace the whole set with the new one, that is completely full and reset to full. This way only 1 priming cycle will be executed and thus saving ink.
Ok thanks I will order a chip resetter, but I was wondering if there is a way to get the printer light to go off so I can use my printer.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
press the ink drop button and take the cartridges out and reinsert them and press the ink drop button again. Hopefully the chips will be reset.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Agreed with pharmacist, I also use to reset my "auto reset" chips.

But this doesn't prevent me 100% from blinking carts, sometimes I have to put one out and in, sometimes to repeat the reset..
And if you just have refilled more than the one which was blinking, the others should (!) stay as they was before regarding the ink level.
Sometimes it helps cleaning the chip contacts sometimes putting out and in... what you prpbably did already.. there are two contacts on top of the chips, maybe to short them with a paper clip will have an effect, but I'm not sure.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
press the ink drop button and take the cartridges out and reinsert them and press the ink drop button again. Hopefully the chips will be reset.
Ya tried that several times and does not reset, like I said I actually took one cartridge out at a time to refill but the ink light on the printer was not lit when I did that.