Refill Oem Epson Ink Cartridges - Resetter Or Disable Ink Monitoring?

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Hi,

I just wonder that can I use refill the Epson OEM ink cart (I know it's difficult) and disable the ink monitoring to get it works. (Like in Canon or HP) Or must we use the resetter to reset the chip?

rjgeisler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi,

I just wonder that can I use refill the Epson OEM ink cart (I know it's difficult) and disable the ink monitoring to get it works. (Like in Canon or HP) Or must we use the resetter to reset the chip?

There was a "SSC Service Utility" which could freeze the ink level counters on the OEM cartridges, but that will not function with newer printers.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Specifically which EPSON OEM cartridges are you trying to refill.
Most earlier EPSON carts can be reset with the correct either 7 or 9 pin resetter.
The SSC utility will work but not with all printers.
There are several ways to accomplish refilling OEM Epson carts. Some are easy some are more difficult. If you want to PM me we can talk.

Joe

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Too new! I can only do R series carts and earlier Stylus Photo printers carts.

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Oh, un-lucky me! In my country people know how to do things with old Epson series as well as ARC chip and CISS for those old ones are ubiquitous. But finding toys for those new wonderful printers are as hard as visiting Mar. :/ That's why I'm asking for refilling OEM cart and disable ink monitoring. :D