Refill hp 7000 920black cartidge

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
hi
any know how refill hp 920 caridge afetr i refill it with G-ink korean ink at first its printing but after few papaers nothing appear.
after i do printhead cleanning its print again wirh few number also 10 pages just every time i ckean cartodge its printing for little amount.
what the solution ??? is it ink ? where find good ink ? or problem in printerhead ?????

NewbVT

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The HP 920 cartridges are similar to the HP 364/564 cartridges, except for the pigment black cartridge being much larger. The XL version of these cartridges are similar to the Canon single ink tanks except for being totally opaque, so the same refill methods can be used as with the Canon cartridges. The standard version of these cartridges can be refilled by dripping ink onto the the ink outlet, until the sponge will absorb no more ink.

The problem looks to me like an ink flow problem. This could be caused by sponges being clogged by dried ink, an air lock between sponge chamber and ink chamber, the vent being clogged by dried ink because of overfilling, displaced sponges, and maybe more causes, or the cartridge doesn't have a good fit to the ink inlet in the print head because of a worn or hardened rubber gasket at the ink inlet.

To find out if it is a cartridge problem or a gasket problem you could try if a new pigment black cartridge causes the problem to disappear, even if this is a bit expensive.

Cartridge problems could be caused by an unsuitable ink or the refill technique, so how are you refilling the cartridges?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Just for a note, I have refilling a canon PG-40 for 3 years, your problems clearly related to ink or refill technique.

Laaannger

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I just joined and wanted to share my experience with the a HP 920XL black cartridge.

I refilled with about 8ml of ink and placed the cartridge back into the printer. I tried printing and the printer would not print black at all.

After performing numerous "clean printhead" functions, it still wouldn't print. After reading through this forum, I figured I might have over-
saturated the sponge inside the cartridge. To really get the ink flowing, I had to force some air through the air vent on the top of the
cartridge till ink dripped out of the outlet hole. Once I did that, I ran one more clean printhead function and the printer printed the report
properly.

Hope this help.

Cheers!