Refill Canon MP610 Cartridges - 'German Ink Refill' ?

superroo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry but earlier I replied to a forum Question instead of posting this one which I have since cancelled !

Can someone in the forum please advise me what is a 'German Refill' and how is it accomplished ? I currently own a Canon MP610 multifunction printer, I refill my own ink (drill a hole in casing top opposite ink chamber & refill with hypo) also use an orange chip-resetter ex- Germany no problems.

I do have printing problems (missing colours, horizontal lines etc). The printer is still under warranty so will return for repairs. I have been using non Canon cartridges reusing the Canon chips etc. which I presume would void the Canon warranty. When new I replaced with non-Canon cartridges (with around 25% ink left in original Canon ink cartridges) so that they could be reinstalled in case the printer had to be returned for Warranty. Only problem the Large PGI-5BK ink chamber is empty but the sponge is still moist. Is there a way to refill this cartridge without drilling holes etc. which would be observed when returning to Canon and maybe voiding the warranty. Maybe the 'German Method' would accomplish this ?

Any Help or advice would be much appreciated.
From 'Downunder',
Regards,
Dennis.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Superroo,

Have a search on this forum and the administrator put it on it on its front page of this website as well. I made two well visited topics with step by step pictures how to accomplish the German Durchstich refill method. The germand durchstich refill method still requires a small hole to be drilled, but only very tiny. You will need 2 inch long needles (18-21 gauge, preferably sharp ones) to do this.

siusiuenen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
superroo said:
Hi,
Sorry but earlier I replied to a forum Question instead of posting this one which I have since cancelled !

Can someone in the forum please advise me what is a 'German Refill' and how is it accomplished ? I currently own a Canon MP610 multifunction printer, I refill my own ink (drill a hole in casing top opposite ink chamber & refill with hypo) also use an orange chip-resetter ex- Germany no problems.

I do have printing problems (missing colours, horizontal lines etc). The printer is still under warranty so will return for repairs. I have been using non Canon cartridges reusing the Canon chips etc. which I presume would void the Canon warranty. When new I replaced with non-Canon cartridges (with around 25% ink left in original Canon ink cartridges) so that they could be reinstalled in case the printer had to be returned for Warranty. Only problem the Large PGI-5BK ink chamber is empty but the sponge is still moist. Is there a way to refill this cartridge without drilling holes etc. which would be observed when returning to Canon and maybe voiding the warranty. Maybe the 'German Method' would accomplish this ?

Any Help or advice would be much appreciated.
From 'Downunder',
Regards,
Dennis.
There's a tool you can use to refill without making any hole but it pricey, i made my own.

http://www.rjettek.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/75/products_id/491

Or you can use vaccum pump method . There's a guide you can search in this forum.
I hate both method because of mess after refill .

When you put back all OEM cart and there're enough ink ( in your case is PGI-5) that you don't have to disable ink indicator , i think you should fine to send it back to Canon.