Refill By Hand Or Use Refill Machine

chronoshift

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, I have the same question, refill by hand or refill machine? or both?

Can a refill machine service _all_ popular cartridges that are also serviceable by hand? I just spoke with a family member who has an ink refill shop. He says using refill machines limits you to only certain cartridges, and also that refilling by the printer head leaves a more likely chance of damaging the cartridge. His shop only does hand refilling - though he might not be familiar with all the different machines and if any actually are better than hand refilling.

1. Is it true that hand refilling can be done to more cartridge models than a machine?
2. Is it true that refilling using a machine is more likely to damage the cartridge?

Appreciate your help with this!

jennyj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I think machine works better then hand refills ;)

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I say refilling by hand as well, I have been in the business for 14 years, refilling by hand. I belong to 4 forums including this one, and I see so many have problems with machine filling cartridges and I just shake my head. I don't have anywhere near the problems with cartridges as they do, I think they fiddle and fart around way to much.

llama_91

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
for ink cartridges you can get away with filling any of them by hand, but you will run into two problems. Cartridges getting blocked faster if they aren't being used, and the overall refill procedure time. Instead of buying an ink vacuum machine, you could use a tube and suck on one end with your mouth (careful now). instead of using a centrifuge to spin contaminated ink out of your cartridges, you could sit them on a pile of tissues or a long time. You will get the best results on alot of cartridges (mainly HP and Brother) if you use a vacuum sealed refill chamber, but they don't come cheap. I hope this helps!

Latest posts