1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: How to diagnose true clogs vs air bubbles using nozzle check
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Refill By Hand Or Use Refill Machine

Discussion in 'Retail Refillers Forum' started by sparrow, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Feb 25, 2011
    chronoshift

chronoshift Newbie to Printing

Hi, I have the same question, refill by hand or refill machine? or both?

Can a refill machine service _all_ popular cartridges that are also serviceable by hand? I just spoke with a family member who has an ink refill shop. He says using refill machines limits you to only certain cartridges, and also that refilling by the printer head leaves a more likely chance of damaging the cartridge. His shop only does hand refilling - though he might not be familiar with all the different machines and if any actually are better than hand refilling.

1. Is it true that hand refilling can be done to more cartridge models than a machine?
    2. Is it true that refilling using a machine is more likely to damage the cartridge?

Appreciate your help with this!

2. Apr 21, 2011
    jennyj

jennyj Newbie to Printing

I think machine works better then hand refills ;)

3. Apr 21, 2011
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon Rule in My House
    Think again, youll find that hand refilling is the King..;)

4. Apr 21, 2011
    tigerwan

tigerwan Printer Guru

I say refilling by hand as well, I have been in the business for 14 years, refilling by hand. I belong to 4 forums including this one, and I see so many have problems with machine filling cartridges and I just shake my head. I don't have anywhere near the problems with cartridges as they do, I think they fiddle and fart around way to much.

5. Mar 1, 2012
    llama_91

llama_91 Getting Fingers Dirty

for ink cartridges you can get away with filling any of them by hand, but you will run into two problems. Cartridges getting blocked faster if they aren't being used, and the overall refill procedure time. Instead of buying an ink vacuum machine, you could use a tube and suck on one end with your mouth (careful now). instead of using a centrifuge to spin contaminated ink out of your cartridges, you could sit them on a pile of tissues or a long time. You will get the best results on alot of cartridges (mainly HP and Brother) if you use a vacuum sealed refill chamber, but they don't come cheap. I hope this helps!