Refill a Canon MX860 on an Apple computer.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Alright guys I'm normall a Windows user and avoid the trendy Apple stuff because as much as Windows has been called a monopoly, Apple is just as bad but on a smaller niche scale, but that's another topic entirely. So when it came time to refill a printer at work that is only connected to an Apple computer, it won't let me continue printing when it ran out of ink and I refilled it. So I can't diasable ink monitoring and refill as normal. I can't find much info on this on the net. So are there refillers here that use Apples? If so how do you refill the inks and force the printer to keep printing. I really don't want to get auto reset chips, but if that's what it takes I'll tell the boss man to get them.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
qwertydude

More than 60% of my printing is done on my Mac computers. I have never had any trouble refilling and resetting or with CISS units. I use the print command to refill my cartridges, then hit stop job and enter utility/maintenance, there you will find all of the usual functions that are in windows hope this helps you with the boss..
:)