Recommended printers

AmyY

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 10s
Hi,
Can anyone recommend to me the best printer please based on our requirements. Its for our small business.
-up to A3 size
- we will be printing photos, and prints for people to display on the wall (text and graphics)
- Wireless connection

I’ve read that pigmented inks are better for longevity of prints as apposed to dye inks.

Thanks in advance

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Why wouldn't a Pro10s meet your requirements ?

AmyY

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 10s
We received a pro 10s yesterday that’s faulty so it’s kind of put me off to be honest. I need to send it back and there’s no more in stock until August. I need one ASAP for work so can’t wait until then so looking for something similar to that if there is such a thing

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The Epson P400 would be rather close, as well with pigment inks and a gloss optimizer, or the P600/700 both print as well with pigment inks - all printers are A3+

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
We received a pro 10s yesterday that’s faulty
This is sad and aggravating news. Was this a new and unused printer? What is faulty?

If it is new, was it Canon Tech Support that said no new printers available till August?

Are you in the USA? Canon support is usually excellent with their printers under warranty.

AmyY

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 10s
This is sad and aggravating news. Was this a new and unused printer? What is faulty?

If it is new, was it Canon Tech Support that said no new printers available till August?

Are you in the USA? Canon support is usually excellent with their printers under warranty.

Thanks for your reply
Yes a brand new printer ordered direct from Canon. Only received it yesterday and followed all the instructions on setting up but 2 of the ink lights are not lighting up red. Tried reinserting the ink cartridges and restarting printer etc but same issue. Spoken to canon tech team and they couldn’t really help and said it’s a hardware issue and to send it back to them. They aren’t sure whether it’s a cartridge issue or not and can’t guarantee if we buy new cartridges that it will work. They couldn’t advise anymore trouble shooting steps as we’d already tried them all. We will have to send it back but that doesn’t help the fact we are now without a printer for work which is far from ideal. They said it’s not going to get in stock again until August according to them. It’s also out of stock with other retailers too. We are in the UK. Very frustrating that it’s arrived faulty.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
2 of the ink lights are not lighting up red.
Rarely, Canon cartridge chips can malfunction. It has happened to me and Canon sent me a new cartridge overnight. I do not recall on this forum TWO NEW OEM cartridges failing at the same time, though.

Did you get any error messages or cyclic blinking of lights on the printer counsel?

If Canon Tech Support did not want to send you two new cartridges to try then they must think it is a hardware issue. Or they are getting lazy. Unless you want to buy the cartridges yourself to try, even an aftermarket cartridge just to see what happens, then pack the printer up and ship it back.

Disappointing and a little surprising that Canon UK does not have a Pro 10 in stock to send you. I did have to wait a couple weeks for my Canon Maxify to be restocked at B&HPhoto before they were abloe to ship one to me. I think that was because they had a super sale and sold out their inventory. For the current lack of inventory... Coronavirus effect on manufacturing, unexpected popularity, or is Canon going to retire the printer? Hmm.

Consider @Ink stained Fingers' recommendations for an Epson. I would.

Let us know how things work out for you.

AmyY

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 10s
Rarely, Canon cartridge chips can malfunction. It has happened to me and Canon sent me a new cartridge overnight. I do not recall on this forum TWO NEW OEM cartridges failing at the same time, though.

Did you get any error messages or cyclic blinking of lights on the printer counsel?

If Canon Tech Support did not want to send you two new cartridges to try then they must think it is a hardware issue. Or they are getting lazy. Unless you want to buy the cartridges yourself to try, even an aftermarket cartridge just to see what happens, then pack the printer up and ship it back.

Disappointing and a little surprising that Canon UK does not have a Pro 10 in stock to send you. I did have to wait a couple weeks for my Canon Maxify to be restocked at B&HPhoto before they were abloe to ship one to me. I think that was because they had a super sale and sold out their inventory. For the current lack of inventory... Coronavirus effect on manufacturing, unexpected popularity, or is Canon going to retire the printer? Hmm.

Consider @Ink stained Fingers' recommendations for an Epson. I would.

Let us know how things work out for you.

Thanks for your reply. We did ask for them to send us two new cartridges to at least try but they said no even after escalating it to their senior team. I was thinking to buy inks to try if it works. At first the power button was flashing and the error/alarm button was flashing 4 times which apparently means ink tank error. But after taking everything out restarting, cleaning etc the power button is now solid not flashing but the ink lights are still not on. We’ve escalated it again and are waiting a call back from them tomorrow. Unfortunately in the UK at the moment the majority of Canon & Epson printers are out of stock everywhere. I literally bought this canon one as soon as I got notified it was back in stock and now it’s already out of stock again. Not sure why there’s such a shortage of printers everywhere could be Corona I guess. The Epson printers are showing as discontinued here when I looked online which is annoying.
I also asked, because of the lack of stock, whether they were planning on discontinuing the Canon Pro 10s but they said no. Hopefully we get somewhere when speaking to them tomorrow.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thank you for asking Canon about the state of the Pro 10. Bet they didn't expect that!

Even if Canon won't send you a couple new OEM cartridges, it still might be reasonable to try aftermarket party cartridges IF they can be had for cheap. A quick look with Google to see what you may find locally should answer the question of bad chips versus bad printer/print head.

Canon should be working with you to resolve the problem, not just broom it under the sofa, especially since no more printers available till August. Won't hurt you since they are lawfully obligated to fix, replace or refund.

You have moxie. Good job sticking to your guns. :thumbsup