Recommendation Needed: Reliability of Newer Generation Printhead

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
eBay account has been permanently suspended because of activity that eBay believed was putting the eBay community at risk!

This fraudulent company, removed my account for reason known to them only. I made another one for my dad, who only test bought one item, they closed that too.

I will never ever use that US fraud company. If I ever be in US i make them pay for this.

Stormlight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100, 3800/80, R2400, 7880
Smile, how long ago did this happened to you? Also, I recommend to stay with Paypal to avoid issue. Eventhough they were under one umbrella, Paypal has been fair for me. Amazon and Ebay is the two primary market for me. Aliexpress and local listings are alternatives.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
This happened in 2020 i think, after they changed from paypal to using their own third party to deposit money for your sales. This never was used by me as account was banned. So it was ok for ebay to pay me about 300usd total for yearly sales of old pc parts, printer parts, general it stuff. Then with ebay managed payments first they approved my account as ok, then few days later i found all listings removed, account blocked. I wrote to multiple support claim's but each time different guy answers and to say the least their english is not even english, how ebay hires these morons from non english speaking countries who cant write without mistakes, seems chinese sellers write better these days.

How in US where anyone can carry a gun nobody come after them? They ruined many peopples lives and business being monopolist. I made one sale on ebid since then. One sale same stuff as ebay in 3 years.

Stormlight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Don’t buy any of these print heads, they are all refurbished and wont function as you well as you think they will, in part your wasting your time and money on them.. There’re just junk..

Brand new heads are available from Canon or their distributors, yes they maybe more expensive, but your guaranteed a working print head for many, many years..
Yup, you are correct! I got the 2 printhead. One is 100% clog and the other is 90% clogged. Damn "reputable" seller. Gonna give it a clean and try it again! My optimism really taken a hit lol. Good thing the Maxify is so reliable. Tested cheap refillable carts and did a few clean cycles (5 times over a few days) and still no ink came out. Put in the self-refilled aftermarket cart (non-pressurized), did a clean cycle and 100% nozzle print check! Gonna stash up these printheads lol. I have no more hope on these Epson PrecisionCore tech/AMC printheads. Epson used customers as guinea pig. All the newer printhead are 3.8pL droplet now (increased from 2.8/3pL). I will just wait to see how that goes. I wish they put DX5/DX7 printhead technology into consumer to justify the price with proven reliability. It is not the first time. Eventhough I am not affected, I feel bad for those had purchase 4900, 7900, 9890,11880. Standing from the side, I appreciate those cheap inks!

This happened in 2020 i think, after they changed from paypal to using their own third party to deposit money for your sales. This never was used by me as account was banned. So it was ok for ebay to pay me about 300usd total for yearly sales of old pc parts, printer parts, general it stuff. Then with ebay managed payments first they approved my account as ok, then few days later i found all listings removed, account blocked. I wrote to multiple support claim's but each time different guy answers and to say the least their english is not even english, how ebay hires these morons from non english speaking countries who cant write without mistakes, seems chinese sellers write better these days.

How in US where anyone can carry a gun nobody come after them? They ruined many peopples lives and business being monopolist. I made one sale on ebid since then. One sale same stuff as ebay in 3 years.
Since you are in the EU, you probably called during off-hours thus passed you over to Phillipine or India call center lol. Those are like tier 3 support and they are not helpful at all because they do not have sufficient authority to look up details or decide outcomes. I usually call back during prime hours to get proper support. I am glad you got your money. From my personal experience, eventhough Ebay and Paypal splitted, they still share alot of details on transactions and cross-company access data. Stick with Paypal is the most reliable way for Ebay for both buyer and seller. I had experienced a few credit transactions without paypal and it required alot more times on the phone hash it out.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I payed 15eur for 15minutes phone call to Germany, i'm afraid calling to usa is never going to happen. In year 2000 i paid 120eur for 15min internet access to local number that apparently forwarded call to usa. Never again. If they do not offer online way to call them.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Guys, I tested the water with Epson WF-7720 a few years when it came out. I had doubt that it will fail sooner or later due to the newer Precision Core printhead. Just like later generation with photo printers like 9890, 4900 etc... So the first thing I did was start it out with after market dye ink and stayed away from the durabrite/pigment ink all together! It works well for 2 years then nozzle clog became more and more frequent. It became a hassle so I ended up put it aside for 2 years and stick with my laser. In the recent week, I am trying to restore and clean the print head and it looks like there are nozzles of each color that are permanently clog or dead. The printer also have chipless solution firmware too. Debating if I should throw this unit out or anyone have a reliable source to buy new printhead. Ebay is flooded with half dead printheads hints alot about its prospect. I enjoy the large scanner and fax functionality though my Canon laser can also do the fax. Does anyone have good luck with Precision Core? Any recommendation for those have moved on beyond Epson?

Another flaw I found out on these Epson is they do not use gravity for their waste ink or drain pump: they use drain-line squeezer to induce flow. I think this is also one of the reason it is hard for internal print head to remove clog: not enough vacuum. More parts but reduced effectiveness overall more $$$.
Actually, another common "fail to eject ink" cause for piezo print heads is air-binding in the ink chamber just behind the nozzle opening. Air ain't as nearly as incompressible as ink.

The "drain-line squeezer" is a peristaltic pump. Yes, the maximum vacuum generated is quite low, determined by only the "rebound" characteristics of the elastomer tubing used. Getting on of those tubes clogged can be a real nightmare to access to clear, unless it's right at the exit to the waste pad. Then it's "slightly" easier (ask me how I know).

Last edited:

Stormlight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Actually, another common "fail to eject ink" cause for piezo print heads is air-binding in the ink chamber just behind the nozzle opening. Air ain't as nearly as incompressible as ink.
Yes, usually I can speed this up by inject/prime the pharmacist formula into the ink chamber prior to installing the cartridges. I strongly believe the other issue with this is there is not enough head pressure especially from aftermarket cartridge that requires priming. I have pretty good luck with non-priming cartridge but the ones I have do not have filter/mesh. It looks like InkOwl has the newer non-priming cartridges with the filter/mesh. I am giving this a try first before tossing everything out.

Btw, thank you for identify the style of pump! I have been contemplating taking out that pump unit and drop in a printerpotty with a 3' drain line that goes below the printer. That sure will create alot more suction than the peristaltic pump.