Recommendation for new printer,old Pixma 3000 had died after 6 years

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Inkoholic, my experience is that actual ink use may be many times what is promised. The tests are based on more-or-less continuous printing, in which case you could spend a fortune on ink in a month. But if you print a few pages now and again, the sky is the limit on ink consumption per page. My own experience with HP is 70 to 80 cents/page, instead of 5 cents as promised. Now those office printers with the big bag cartridges are probably a lot better, but I'll be astonished if they are as cheap to run as promised.

Fano

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Update:
I checked the voltages on the psu in the ip3000 and they are ok.
24v between the red and black pin and 3.2v between the yellow and black pin.
That rules the psu out so its unlikely I'll get the 3000 working again as it must be a more complex failure.

Now to source an ip4700

Fano

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Update
Loathe to switch to a newer printer and chipped cartridges I looked around for second hand Ip3000's.
I found a few in the Uk but they wouldnt ship to me.

I also tried ebay.de and found a good few listings on there .
I found a second hand Ip3000 which had a faulty printhead but otherwise was in pristine condition.
The seller shipped to Ireland which was great.

I received the printer today and switched its printhead with my old working one and said a few prayers.
I am back in business !
The printer looks as good as new and prints perfectly.

The best bit is that the printer cost me less than 20 euro inc delivery ,I cant believe my good luck ,I am deeply indebted to the chap who sold it to me and for TheHat who helped me with info.

jeco

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi, i have here a ip4760 canon printer with cis and the printhead was dead. I bought a new one which is canon ip4970 is the chip are the same.i've decide to replace the tank and also the cis to the new one.!!is they are the same???

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jeco said:
hi, i have here a ip4760 canon printer with cis and the printhead was dead.
I bought a new one which is canon ip4970 is the chip are the same.
i've decide to replace the tank and also the cis to the new one.!!is they are the same???
The chips on all Canon printers are different except the ones that use the same type of cartridges.
First check and make sure that the CISS will fit into your new printer,
then remove the chips carefully from your new cartridges one at a time
so you cant mix them up and place them on the corresponding CISS cartridges.

Then install the CISS to your new printer and just disable the ink monitoring to continue to print when prompted to by your printer.
Here is a link to how to remove the chips from your cartridges.. :)
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=41631#p41631