Recommend inkjet to print 3.5" wide by 2.25" high precut cards

myearwood

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello all!

I've got membership cards 3.5" wide by 2.25" long (or high). The Epson CX3810 can print these, even though the driver cannot go that small. The Epson CX9400Fax cannot print them and the driver concurs. I've googled until I'm blue in the face, but there's no list of printers including their minimum width and length.

I'm looking for recommendations for any printers that can do these.

Mike

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
myearwood said:
Hello all!

I've got membership cards 3.5" wide by 2.25" long (or high). The Epson CX3810 can print these, even though the driver cannot go that small. The Epson CX9400Fax cannot print them and the driver concurs. I've googled until I'm blue in the face, but there's no list of printers including their minimum width and length.

I'm looking for recommendations for any printers that can do these.

Mike
Can't say about cards 3.5" wide by 2.25" long but on canon I just set A4 in driver and resize my paper in corel draw as needed (for example 4" x 5") then print. It's harder to do borderless but you can experiment and find "jsut right settings to do it".

There is sometimes problem with one side when you print borderless so you need cutom paper guide (that you can make yourself).

myearwood

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Can you cut a single piece of paper 3.5 (wide) x 2.25 (high) and print on it at all? Can you or anyone suggest any printer capable of doing this? Please? Is there another forum where people talk about unusually small print media?

Thanks

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I've got Canon ip4000 and MP600 prrinters.

Both of these can be set up for custom size with minimum paper size 2.13"wide x 3.39"high. So you should be able to print your cards in landscape mode.

myearwood

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi pebe

Those printers look good. But before I run out and buy one, would you be so kind as to cut out a sheet of paper 3.5" x 2.25" and try it on these printers? I contacted Canon, Epson and HP. All claim there is no printer that can do these, when I know my Epson can! So I can't rely on their information and I can't try the cards in the stores.

Thanks

Mike

Zap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
myearwood said:
Hi pebe

Those printers look good. But before I run out and buy one, would you be so kind as to cut out a sheet of paper 3.5" x 2.25" and try it on these printers? I contacted Canon, Epson and HP. All claim there is no printer that can do these, when I know my Epson can! So I can't rely on their information and I can't try the cards in the stores.

Thanks

Mike
Hi,

I have an IP4200 which has a min print size of width of 2.13 in by height of 3.36 in. Which I believe is standard Business Card Size.

I can tell you that I tried printing on your size card or paper, cut out several pages that size you need, and it prints beautifully in either landscape or portrait mode. Printing from MS Word.

select "print"; Properties; Page Setup; Page size = Custom (then set your page size)
Setting page size to custom then choosing page layout. Try some test prints until you have everything the way that you want it to come out, then go for it.

I would believe that any of the Canon printers listed above would print the same way .

Zap

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I confirm what Zap said.

Both of my printers printed that size OK. It must be fed from the cut sheet feeder - not the cassette.

myearwood

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Pebe

That's really great news!

Can you put more than one card at a time in the cutsheet feeder? If so how many.

Thanks

Mike

myearwood

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Zap

Thanks for testing that out for me!

Mike

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
This is an extract from the MP600 Manual:

"...When Printing on Plain Paper

You can use general copy paper or Canon's Super White Paper. When printing on both sides, we recommend Canon's Super White Paper Double-Sided.

Paper size:

- Standard sizes: A4, B5, A5, Letter, and Legal (Auto Sheet Feeder only)

- Non-standard sizes for the Auto Sheet Feeder: 2.13" x 3.39" to 8.5" x 23" / 54.0 x 86.0 mm to 215.9 x 584.2 mm

- Non-standard sizes for the Cassette: 3.5" x 5" to 8.5" x 11.69" / 89.0 x 127.0 mm to 215.9 x 297.0 mm

Paper weight: 17 to 28 lb / 64 to 105 gsm (non-Canon genuine plain paper)

You can load up to 150 sheets of plain paper (17 lb / 64 gsm, 0.52 inches / 13 mm in height). However, proper feeding of paper may not be possible at this maximum capacity depending on the type of paper or environmental conditions (either very high or low temperature and humidity). In such cases, reduce the sheets of paper you load at a time to around half (around 0.2 inches / 5 mm in paper stack height).

Do not stack more than 50 sheets in the Paper Output Tray.

When Printing on 5" x 7", 4" x 6", or 2.13" x 3.39" (Credit Card-sized) paper

Load 2.13" x 3.39" (credit card-sized) paper only in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

You can load up to 20 sheets of 4" x 6" or 2.13" x 3.39" (credit card-sized) paper and 10 sheets of 5" x 7" paper"

So it looks like 20 sheets, if by 'credit-sized paper' they mean card.