Recommend CISS for Canon IP4000

tomthered

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
as the header says can anyone recommend one? Have refilled my own for ages but thinking about this now. I normally use Hobbicolours ink, my old printer has clogged on the printhead so am gonna work on that to get it going again. Cannot but ammonia anywhere to soak it and the windolene I bought did not have it in. Would be interested in knowing what people got and inks they use. I was looking at some CISS on ebay but am unsure whether they are any good or not.

My last printer lasted 2 years without a clog but I forgot to do my weekly print check for a while so I think that has something to do with it.

:(:(

EDIT are these any good read on here somewhere that someone recommended them

hxxp://continuous-ink-system.co.uk/IP4000_Ciss-Canon_IP4000_continuous_ink_flow_system.html

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Couldn't recommend a CIS but one thing that Sam Cahir (of Rihac) tipped me to was the use of o'rings around the rubber grommets to stop them collapsing and creating an air leak.

Other than that, almost any CIS for the iP4000 should work fine so long as it's not a POS... ;)

tomthered

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
forgive my ignorance but what is a POS?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
tomthered said:
forgive my ignorance but what is a POS?
Piece of **** ;)

Sorry, my terminology tends to spill over to the profane acronym from time to time.

Thinking about it, you might want to see if Sam Cahir has a kit for that model printer as he may have some old units knocking around or something with all the required parts (including the o'rings). Support would be comprehensive if nought else.