Recently purchased a Canon MB2720

seseeley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I thought I'd get some comment on this?

seseeley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Back on post #20 I was questioning; does this refill tool need to seal to the silicon plug or can the tool just seal to the larger outside edge of the cartridge port?

I didn't see any responses so I began to wonder if forum members where notified about this post. Maybe my post was unclear?

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Back on post #20 I was questioning; does this refill tool need to seal to the silicon plug or can the tool just seal to the larger outside edge of the cartridge port?

I didn't see any responses so I began to wonder if forum members where notified about this post. Maybe my post was unclear?

You have to INSERT the refill tool in the outlet, not try to seal to the outlet.

PS: these are from octoink.co.uk, much cheaper than the German ones
IMG_8344_S.jpg

Last edited:

seseeley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The last photo in post #20 is a bit unclear, but the end of the naked syringe without needle, does insert into the cartridge output port and fits tightly against the inside wall of the cartridge port. However it doesn't reach back into the silicon plug at the back of the cartridge output port. The silicon plug can be seen in the other photos.

Do you believe the refill tool shown in the photo you provided reaches back to the silicon plug?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Quite honestly the easiest way is to get a set of ecofill tips from Octopus de or from Octoink in UK . Not sure where you are located but I'm sure you can get them easily. They seal beautifully due to the tapered shape.

I do not know if the tip goes into the bag but it makes a perfect seal on the valve inside the port. We have found with the cartridges that after you have put the last drops of ink in then you extrat air and lift the tip out of the port. THis creates a negative pressure that is important for the correct functioning of the cart.

This is worth watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzgLoM90D8Y

https://www.octopus-office.de/shop/...en/1934/eco-fill-spritzenset-mit-fuellspitzen

Edit:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
The last photo in post #20 is a bit unclear, but the end of the naked syringe without needle, does insert into the cartridge output port and fits tightly against the inside wall of the cartridge port. However it doesn't reach back into the silicon plug at the back of the cartridge output port. The silicon plug can be seen in the other photos.

Do you believe the refill tool shown in the photo you provided reaches back to the silicon plug?

I use it all the time.

seseeley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ok, thanks for the input. I'll order ecofill tips from Octopus de. I'm in California. Thanks again for your help.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
The refill tip you showed in post #20 will work just as good..

Indeed, everything that can go deep enough inside and is not too loose would work.
In the beginning I used empty ballpoint ink tubes (with a piece of heat shrink tubing on the tip - this is like rubber and fits really nice ;)).
Experiment ...

IMG_4733_S.JPG