Recently did a video on printing on Matte Mdia on the PRO-100 with PC inks!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P89CYa-5u-k

I have been asked many times to either show it could be done and be done well.
So here it is. And by the way the PC ICC profiles outperform the CANON ones on this particular Printer / Paper and Ink combo! The proof is in the prints!

I was a bit surprised but not totally!

Joe

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Hello Jose
I have slowly been updating my site as the migration to a different host is pretty much done. Part of this upgrade is updating profiles for 5 different lighting conditions. D50, D65, Tungsten, Fluorescent Cool White, Fluorescent Daylight. So no matter where you want to view the image, you can optimize how it will look based on the lighting there.

http://www.precisioncolors.com/PC42G_ICC.html

There has never been a better time for refillers and photographers. Even many pros in past years did not have the precision and the luxury of choosing profiles based on lighting. With the publicly available profiles for various papers, affordable high performance printers ( Like the Pro-100) and of course your videos to learn how to do it, amateur and hobbyist photographers can have stunning results for little cost.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Very entertaining video, Joe.

You mentioned also the dangers of contamination and the necessity to rinse needles, no ink back in the bottle etc.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I am originally from Puerto Rico but currently live in Kensington, MD just a few miles north of Washington, DC

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
Im from dominican republic man nice to meet a caribean guy that love to print i need to talk you about must of ur video and some advice