Really liking my Canon iP6000D :-)

Fish Chris

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hope I'm not going to jinx myself here, but so far, I couldn't ask for anything more !

I guess my i960 used to print "as good" when it was printing at its very best.... but it had a bit of a banding issue at times, especially with blue skies.
Plus, I used to have to do the old "post it" stuck to the top right of every print I did on the i960, to prevent the lighter band 3/4's of an inch from the end of the page (I'm assuming you 960 owners know this problem, and the trick to fix it) but this problem is now solved with the iP6000D. I can now actually use my Post-its, as Post-its :)

Peace,
Fish

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
..And you can use your leftover carts in the new printer, since they use the same ones...

Fish Chris

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ahhhh !!! I did jinx myself ! (well, I know this is not major)

But I just found out that my iP6000D will not "auto-power" on or off :-( So then, the only way I could use the "autoprint" program, is to leave the printer turned on all the time ! ......which to me sounds like something which could generate at least a small amount of internal heat, which would probably be more likely to cause dried out ink and clogged heads, than if I just left it turned off :-(

Oh well....

This thing sure does create some beautiful prints :)

Peace,
Fish

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Some people leave their printers on 24/7 and report no problems. I generally don't, but for a vacation time it probably wouldn't hurt a thing.

oldman1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
can you refill the cart. on ip6000d. i am learning please bear with me.

Fish Chris

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello oldman1. Well, they are the same BCI carts that are used in the i960, and some other Canon printers, so sure, they can be refilled. But personally speaking, I got tired of refilling, and now opt for aftermarket carts. Still a good $$$ savings, albeit, not quite as good as refilling.

Peace,
Fish