RE: IPF605 - Ink catching on the leading edge

m4tthew

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I am having some problem with ink on catching on the reverse [leading edge] of my prints. Is there any way to stop this happening? It makes smudge like marks.

I have not used the printer in a few weeks so I would imagine it is not ink having been printed on the printer....

Any ideas?

Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
m4tthew said:
Hi,

I am having some problem with ink on catching on the reverse [leading edge] of my prints. Is there any way to stop this happening? It makes smudge like marks.

I have not used the printer in a few weeks so I would imagine it is not ink having been printed on the printer....

Any ideas?

Thanks
The usual reason for ink build up (Head strike) on the leading edge, is paper curl (Paper not flat)
Try uncurling it before you start or allow an extra 5cm on the front of your paper (blank space). :)

m4tthew

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The paper is 100% flat. The ink is also catching on the REVERSE of the page...

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
If it is not a head strike you have ink build up along the paper path which is then sticking to the underside of the paper. Check areas the correspond to where they appear on the paper.

Joe

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Would you have been doing a lot of borderless photos by any chance, prior to this problem cropping up ?