R3000 clogged or air in tubing?

VC77

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Hi, I am making first steps in prining photos on my second hand R3000.
On arrival the almost empty Cyan didn't function properly, i put in a new Epson cartridge (actually several years old but sealed).

After functioning properly for several days the printer again showed problems with Cyan. Am I right: The fuzziness of this nozzle-test indicates air not clogging? I reinserted the cartouche, now it's perfect again. Will this problem come and go now or disappear on further printing? The previous owner didn't use the printer for years.

CCF19022021_00000.jpg
Thx, vc

Phill ODonoghue

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Hi, I am making first steps in prining photos on my second hand R3000.
On arrival the almost empty Cyan didn't function properly, i put in a new Epson cartridge (actually several years old but sealed).

After functioning properly for several days the printer again showed problems with Cyan. Am I right: The fuzziness of this nozzle-test indicates air not clogging? I reinserted the cartouche, now it's perfect again. Will this problem come and go now or disappear on further printing? The previous owner didn't use the printer for years.

View attachment 11618
Thx, vc
You could try a thorough clean of the parking station and the seal around the parking station. Also clean the wiper blade. I think that the parking station pump sucks a small amount of ink from the lines to enable the flow. This sometimes works for me and I usually do this first before exploring other problems.

Flageborg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
"Hi, I am making first steps in prining photos on my second hand R3000."

metoo

Waiting for my new dampers to arrive...because partial clogging will never get better....only worse.
In this picture it is easier to see what is solid and which part is still "fluid"......

Attachments

• DSCN8503_768_II.jpg
    DSCN8503_768_II.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 174

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

VC77

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Thanks for the advice, I cleaned the parking station.
If my problems persist the likely cause are solid parts in the damper?

Flageborg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
If my problems persist the likely cause are solid parts in the damper?

I can get back to you with picture when old dampers are removed and I can have a closer look?

VC77

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Yes, that would be interesting. But if I ever open up my printer I would exchange the dampers anyway. I still hope I won't need it, second day with flawless printing now.:cool: